UBS

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the on campus recuit team and the questions was consisted of both behavior and tech questions, except the general HR questions there were some brain teasers as well. It was a 1 to 1 interview and it was very casual, nothing too strict and business like. After one week from the interview, I was invited to their super day, and now I am preparing for the superday now.

Interview Question – Talk about the OO programing. What do you know about it.   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in February 2009.

Interview Details – Spoke with them at university's career fair, got a call the next day for an on campus interview. The questions were straight forward, coding stuff: interpreted vs compiled, what is OOP, what is polymorphism. Then they ask a little about finance: what are stocks, bonds, etc. I didn't go into as much detail with the answers as I should have, it's good to show enthusiasm and knowledge for everything you answer.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a stock and bond   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at UBS in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initially had the impression that the office is very unmaintained and dirty. The people who did the interview were very professional. They use some really outdated technologies but that is true of any bank. There are varying number of interview rounds depending on team, but usually it will include solving an example task.

Interview Question – Specific trading industry knowledge, knowing the difference between an option and a future.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for at least 30% more money they initially offer.

Software Developer
City of London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted a week later by HR to clarify some basic stuff - after 2 more days they wanted to set up a face-to-face interview.

Interview consisted of two 30-minute 1:1 interviews with mainly basic C++ questions and debugging/profiling related stuff. First interviewer seemed quite nice, but second interviewer appeared to be more interested in showing off how clever he was than in the answers.

Interview Question – (1-exp(x))/x for x->0   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in February 2012.

Interview Details – They mainly asked from the resume.

Interview Questions

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was a telephonic technical interview. The guy who called me was just asking all basic java questions - classes, collections, garbage collection, design patterns, jdbc steps etc. Managed to answer most of them but did not get a call back. Interview was for half an hour and I guess there was huge competition for the role in the market.

Interview Question – observer pattern   View Answer

Software Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had a Phone Screen Interview first. Basic programming questions
Then was invited to their office in Stamford for a 1:1 interview.
Met with 3 developers in the group.
All were completely technical interviews. There were designing questions, programming questions, general logic questions. Questions ranged from designing a class for implementation of ChessBoard game to writing code for some Linked List problem implementation. They focussed a lot on multithreading questions and discussed my experience with that. There was a question about string reversal as well which I had to code.
Each interviewer spend 1/2 hr.

Interview Questions

• Reversal of all words in a sentence(e.g: "This is a good question" becomes "question good a is This")   View Answers (3)
  • Implementation of a Hash Table class   Answer Question

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!