UBS Software Developer Interview Questions

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in February 2013.

Initially had the impression that the office is very unmaintained and dirty. The people who did the interview were very professional. They use some really outdated technologies but that is true of any bank. There are varying number of interview rounds depending on team, but usually it will include solving an example task.

Interview Questions
  • Specific trading industry knowledge, knowing the difference between an option and a future.   View Answer
Ask for at least 30% more money they initially offer.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS in August 2012.

Applied online and was contacted a week later by HR to clarify some basic stuff - after 2 more days they wanted to set up a face-to-face interview.

Interview consisted of two 30-minute 1:1 interviews with mainly basic C++ questions and debugging/profiling related stuff. First interviewer seemed quite nice, but second interviewer appeared to be more interested in showing off how clever he was than in the answers.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2012.

They mainly asked from the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to join Financial comapny?   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UBS in February 2012.

I was interviewed by the on campus recuit team and the questions was consisted of both behavior and tech questions, except the general HR questions there were some brain teasers as well. It was a 1 to 1 interview and it was very casual, nothing too strict and business like. After one week from the interview, I was invited to their super day, and now I am preparing for the superday now.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about the OO programing. What do you know about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2009.

Spoke with them at university's career fair, got a call the next day for an on campus interview. The questions were straight forward, coding stuff: interpreted vs compiled, what is OOP, what is polymorphism. Then they ask a little about finance: what are stocks, bonds, etc. I didn't go into as much detail with the answers as I should have, it's good to show enthusiasm and knowledge for everything you answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in January 2010.

It was a telephonic technical interview. The guy who called me was just asking all basic java questions - classes, collections, garbage collection, design patterns, jdbc steps etc. Managed to answer most of them but did not get a call back. Interview was for half an hour and I guess there was huge competition for the role in the market.

Software Developer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in January 2010.

Had a Phone Screen Interview first. Basic programming questions
    Then was invited to their office in Stamford for a 1:1 interview.
    Met with 3 developers in the group.
    All were completely technical interviews. There were designing questions, programming questions, general logic questions. Questions ranged from designing a class for implementation of ChessBoard game to writing code for some Linked List problem implementation. They focussed a lot on multithreading questions and discussed my experience with that. There was a question about string reversal as well which I had to code.
    Each interviewer spend 1/2 hr.

Interview Questions
    • Reversal of all words in a sentence(e.g: "This is a good question" becomes "question good a is This")   View Answers (3)
    • Implementation of a Hash Table class   Answer Question