UBS Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

3.3

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

on campus interview, and then gets offer from onsite

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Weehawken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UBS in January 2012.

It was an oncampus recruitment. Had 2 interviews on the first day. Just asked about the resume, nothing technical.

Then had a superday with 3 interviews with project manager and a group discussion.

I was called again to meet the MD to review my resume, since i was from hardware background and why did i want to go to software.

No technical questions at all.

Interview Questions
    • How will u get your work done from a team member, who keeps saying i will do it, but doesnt really do anything.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

It's an on campus interview. One round only. Basic Java terminologies and simple String questions. Some behavior questions such as your plan in five years.

Interview Questions

I accepted another offer.

Campus recruiting

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in October 2011.

Was invited for on campus interview first, which is basically a discussion of your resume. Then got invited to superday at their office location in Jersey. People were great. They changed the interview pattern a little, it's more technical now with a a few written coding questions.

Anonymous Employee  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in January 2008.

Phone interview came first, then I went on site to meet with various groups.
    This was actually back in Feb of 2007.
    They asked java 1.5 questions (template type vectors), various elements of JSP, and some SQL. They must loved textbooks definitions.

Interview Questions

salary offered was too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UBS in January 2007.

Very fast and straight forward. It lasted around one hour. I was interviewed by 2 people, they were friendly and open. Questions were about my previous experience and some database related questions specific for their environment. Office was good and clean. Work culture open and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • what was the hardest project challenge you faced on your previous project   View Answer
    I gave them my previous salary and they gave me 5 k more. Not a lot of negotiation happened on my part, which I regret now.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UBS in March 2012.

I was interviewed by one person and they have asked questions regarding polymorphism, inheritance and an example of interfaces

Interview Questions
    • Did you have any problem when your developing a code and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in January 2011.

I signed up for the position through my school career services. The interview was a 1:1 with a manager from the technology division.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in March 2010.

Initial contact was a telephone interview with both technical questions and more general discussions about myself. The usual sort of core Java questions were asked: hashCodes/Equal and their use in HashMaps etc. Mainly questions to ensure that you know or at least have thought about what is going on under the Java APIs. The phone call was around 40 minutes.

This was then followed up with an in person interview in Switzerland. The interview was more of the same, technical interview with three teams over the course of an afternoon. The interview technique varies between teams but you can expect to have a well known computing problem to walk through. Remember the right answer is no always as important as showing your workings and talking to the interviewer about what you are doing and thinking. Other teams just wanted to talk about my cv, the role and why I was looking to move to Switzerland.

The office tour was brief but from what I saw it the open plan areas was very quiet (good or bad you decide) and desks seemed reasonably well equipped, though there were developers with only one screen or just a laptop.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why an efficient hashcode algorithm is needed to make an efficient HashMap. i.e. why is returning 1 not a great plan.   View Answer
    • Explain the data   Answer Question

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!