UBS

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting. Two 1 on 1 interviews.

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral   Answer Question

Interview Details – On Campus Recruiting - 1 on campus interview and 1 superday

Interview Question – Explain in detail the last two transactions you analyzed.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Superday with three interviews, one person was rude and dismissive but the others were attentive. Overall left a negative impression though.

Interview Question – Give me the P/E ratio of several stocks you follow.   Answer Question

Melville, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2012.

Interview Details – I reached out to a general coordinator at the office in Melville, NY. He found my qualifications in line with the needs of the office. He set me up with a team made up of two FA's and two secretaries. I interviewed with both FA's and they were serious but also wanted to see my personality shine probably because the industry is client focused.

Interview Question – Explain mutual funds and different private equity instruments.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2011.

Interview Details – I called and requested an interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I wanted to work somewhere else.

Mumbai (India)

I interviewed at UBS in July 2011.

Interview Details – There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Question – Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – I received a call from HR, then a call from the head of the department. This was not a typical interview process because the program I applied to was different from the usual "summer analyst" position.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for UBS?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for a summer analyst position in the Equity Research Desk. After the online application and online tests (numerical & logical), I was invited to a first round phone interview with the HR. Questions were mostly competency based, including why UBS, why equity research, and also some market-based including what would you do if you had 1 million pounds. After a week, I found out I didn't get the job.

Interview Question – What was the greatest risk you took in the last 12 months?   Answer Question

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – Telephone - What I want to achieve, what do you know about UBS.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied the company through campus career center and got campus interview. I passed it later on and went to New York for the final found. Then I got the offer, which I declined later on.

Interview Question – Pitch a stock you like to invest for long term.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I got another offer.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!