UBS Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total First round on campus, interviews with 2 people 1-1, both associates, 30min each, no technical questions Second round at headquarter, also 2 interviews, with Executive Directors, fit question HR organized dinner before 2nd round interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; what's your strength and weakness; standard interview questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

3 phone interview, super day with a 45 minute desk shadow and 5 20-min interview, one on one. It's a sales and trading summer analyst position, so why trading why ubs and what's going on in the market.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in December 2014.

Interview

There was a campus visit/interview, then I applied online. A few weeks later, I got emailed for a short phone interview with two junior analysts, very casual. They mostly just asked about your resume and a few brainteasers. A week later, I got emailed about the Superday. The Superday consisted of three back-to-back 30 minute interviews (2 fit, 1 technical). The two fit interviews were by the MD and AD. The technical interview was two junior analysts.

Interview Questions

• $10 in depreciation - what happens to the three financial statements.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Was fast tracked to an accelerated Superday specifically for previous sophomore interns. Superday with 3 groups meant to focus on specific areas (technical, behavioral, etc). Last interview went 15 minutes over allotted time and I was grilled on technicals I did not know (coming from liberal arts school - had glanced over vault/WSJ before but they asked total tossups). Two of the interviews were group interviews with 2 interviewers. A couple of the interviewers were nice, the rest were not.

Interview Questions

• Your resume screams x, so why don't you want to go into x instead of banking?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Two 1 on 1 interviews.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On Campus Recruiting - 1 on campus interview and 1 superday

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail the last two transactions you analyzed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Superday with three interviews, one person was rude and dismissive but the others were attentive. Overall left a negative impression though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Melville, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I reached out to a general coordinator at the office in Melville, NY. He found my qualifications in line with the needs of the office. He set me up with a team made up of two FA's and two secretaries. I interviewed with both FA's and they were serious but also wanted to see my personality shine probably because the industry is client focused.

Interview Questions

• Explain mutual funds and different private equity instruments.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I called and requested an interview.

Interview Questions

I wanted to work somewhere else.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UBS (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview with analyst and associate from IBD team. Conversational style with questions focused on motivations, experience and achievements. Slight pitch at the end, explaining the bank's position as market leader and awesome culture. Great human resources reps - very organised and positive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in finance? Explain to me your greatest achievement. Tell me about something happening in the news other than the Greece saga or anything related to Chinese markets.   Answer Question