UBS Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.3

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

SHL testing process consisting of both a numerical reasoning test and a logical reasoning test. I was then contacted a few weeks after completing these tests and called for a first round phone interview, reviewing basic competencies and technical knowledge of what is going on. Following the phone interview then invited to an assessment centre. Email received a couple of hours after doing the interview. AC consisted of redoing the numerical test, having to receive a certain score above a threshold. This was followed by a presentation on a company. Three interviews with Executive Directors followed this. Day finished with group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Brainteasers questions and multiplying large numbers in your head.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Was fast tracked to an accelerated Superday specifically for previous sophomore interns. Superday with 3 groups meant to focus on specific areas (technical, behavioral, etc). Last interview went 15 minutes over allotted time and I was grilled on technicals I did not know (coming from liberal arts school - had glanced over vault/WSJ before but they asked total tossups). Two of the interviews were group interviews with 2 interviewers. A couple of the interviewers were nice, the rest were not.

Interview Questions

• Your resume screams x, so why don't you want to go into x instead of banking?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I interviewed at UBS (Mumbai (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Questions

• Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

3 phone interview, super day with a 45 minute desk shadow and 5 20-min interview, one on one. It's a sales and trading summer analyst position, so why trading why ubs and what's going on in the market.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in December 2014.

Interview

There was a campus visit/interview, then I applied online. A few weeks later, I got emailed for a short phone interview with two junior analysts, very casual. They mostly just asked about your resume and a few brainteasers. A week later, I got emailed about the Superday. The Superday consisted of three back-to-back 30 minute interviews (2 fit, 1 technical). The two fit interviews were by the MD and AD. The technical interview was two junior analysts.

Interview Questions

• $10 in depreciation - what happens to the three financial statements.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for a summer analyst position in the Equity Research Desk. After the online application and online tests (numerical & logical), I was invited to a first round phone interview with the HR. Questions were mostly competency based, including why UBS, why equity research, and also some market-based including what would you do if you had 1 million pounds. After a week, I found out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest risk you took in the last 12 months?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS in December 2012.

Interview

after applying online, I received a telephone interview. It was shorter than I had expected and only last 10-15 minutes or so. After this I went to the assessment centre in london where I had to complete a presentation after 30mins presentation, had a 1-on-1 interview and completed a group exercise on how Amazon should allocate their resources.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total First round on campus, interviews with 2 people 1-1, both associates, 30min each, no technical questions Second round at headquarter, also 2 interviews, with Executive Directors, fit question HR organized dinner before 2nd round interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; what's your strength and weakness; standard interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Superday with three interviews, one person was rude and dismissive but the others were attentive. Overall left a negative impression though.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

only 3 steps of the process 1.online 2.telephone 3.ac the process is not difficult until the ac. pay attention to the last part of ac which is the group discussion of a case. you don't need to present for it!! The competency and tech parts are really easy.