UBS Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

3.2

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for a summer analyst position in the Equity Research Desk. After the online application and online tests (numerical & logical), I was invited to a first round phone interview with the HR. Questions were mostly competency based, including why UBS, why equity research, and also some market-based including what would you do if you had 1 million pounds. After a week, I found out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest risk you took in the last 12 months?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

interviewed at UBS (Mumbai (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Questions

• Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at UBS in December 2014.

Interview

There was a campus visit/interview, then I applied online. A few weeks later, I got emailed for a short phone interview with two junior analysts, very casual. They mostly just asked about your resume and a few brainteasers. A week later, I got emailed about the Superday. The Superday consisted of three back-to-back 30 minute interviews (2 fit, 1 technical). The two fit interviews were by the MD and AD. The technical interview was two junior analysts.

Interview Questions

• $10 in depreciation - what happens to the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

3 phone interview, super day with a 45 minute desk shadow and 5 20-min interview, one on one. It's a sales and trading summer analyst position, so why trading why ubs and what's going on in the market.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total
    First round on campus, interviews with 2 people 1-1, both associates, 30min each, no technical questions
    Second round at headquarter, also 2 interviews, with Executive Directors, fit question
    HR organized dinner before 2nd round interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; what's your strength and weakness; standard interview questions   Answer Question

/Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview by HR which is pretty easy followed by another phone interview with the director within the function of interest
    Assessment Center - Full day, pretty intense but not difficult, very friendly environment with informative assessors.

Interview Questions

• Common team discussion focused on Business Development decision of a Tech Company
      "A man wear a pink hat and pink suit walks in the room right now, what did he say and who is he looking for?"

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Superday with three interviews, one person was rude and dismissive but the others were attentive. Overall left a negative impression though.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Interview

only 3 steps of the process
    1.online 2.telephone 3.ac
    the process is not difficult until the ac. pay attention to the last part of ac which is the group discussion of a case. you don't need to present for it!!
    The competency and tech parts are really easy.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in February 2007.

Interview

The interview stage took just one day at the UBS Assessment Centre located on the top floor of their Liverpool Street offices in London. I was in a group consisting of only non-UK students, including lots of French, and out of us 12-or-so about 3 received an offer in the end. UBS interviewers were relaxed, helpful and fair, and overall the interviews were not technical at all but mainly focussed on competencies and talking though the candidates resumes. The numerical test was paper-based, however of exactly the same type as the ones submitted online. Finally, the business case and subsequent presentation were quite straightforward even for someone with a non-finance background. UBS offered me an intern position for IBD that I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a current development in the financial markets and give an example of M&A activity.   Answer Question
    • What possibilities do firms have if they need cash?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2011.

Interview

I applied the company through campus career center and got campus interview. I passed it later on and went to New York for the final found. Then I got the offer, which I declined later on.

Interview Questions

• Pitch a stock you like to invest for long term.   1 Answer

I got another offer.