UBS Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in October 2012.

I applied for a summer analyst position in the Equity Research Desk. After the online application and online tests (numerical & logical), I was invited to a first round phone interview with the HR. Questions were mostly competency based, including why UBS, why equity research, and also some market-based including what would you do if you had 1 million pounds. After a week, I found out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
  • What was the greatest risk you took in the last 12 months?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

interviewed at UBS in July 2011.

There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Questions
    • Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2007.

The interview stage took just one day at the UBS Assessment Centre located on the top floor of their Liverpool Street offices in London. I was in a group consisting of only non-UK students, including lots of French, and out of us 12-or-so about 3 received an offer in the end. UBS interviewers were relaxed, helpful and fair, and overall the interviews were not technical at all but mainly focussed on competencies and talking though the candidates resumes. The numerical test was paper-based, however of exactly the same type as the ones submitted online. Finally, the business case and subsequent presentation were quite straightforward even for someone with a non-finance background. UBS offered me an intern position for IBD that I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a current development in the financial markets and give an example of M&A activity.   Answer Question
    • What possibilities do firms have if they need cash?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2011.

I applied the company through campus career center and got campus interview. I passed it later on and went to New York for the final found. Then I got the offer, which I declined later on.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch a stock you like to invest for long term.   View Answer

I got another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in February 2012.

I reached out to a general coordinator at the office in Melville, NY. He found my qualifications in line with the needs of the office. He set me up with a team made up of two FA's and two secretaries. I interviewed with both FA's and they were serious but also wanted to see my personality shine probably because the industry is client focused.

Interview Questions
    • Explain mutual funds and different private equity instruments.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Superday with three interviews, one person was rude and dismissive but the others were attentive. Overall left a negative impression though.

/Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS in January 2013.

Phone interview by HR which is pretty easy followed by another phone interview with the director within the function of interest
    Assessment Center - Full day, pretty intense but not difficult, very friendly environment with informative assessors.

Interview Questions
    • Common team discussion focused on Business Development decision of a Tech Company
      "A man wear a pink hat and pink suit walks in the room right now, what did he say and who is he looking for?"
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in February 2011.

I called and requested an interview.

Interview Questions

I wanted to work somewhere else.

Summer Analyst Interview

Telephone - What I want to achieve, what do you know about UBS.

On Campus Recruiting - 1 on campus interview and 1 superday

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail the last two transactions you analyzed.   Answer Question