UBS

Updated Jan 16, 2015

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at UBS in December 2014.

There was a campus visit/interview, then I applied online. A few weeks later, I got emailed for a short phone interview with two junior analysts, very casual. They mostly just asked about your resume and a few brainteasers. A week later, I got emailed about the Superday. The Superday consisted of three back-to-back 30 minute interviews (2 fit, 1 technical). The two fit interviews were by the MD and AD. The technical interview was two junior analysts.

Interview Questions
  • $10 in depreciation - what happens to the three financial statements.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

only 3 steps of the process
    1.online 2.telephone 3.ac
    the process is not difficult until the ac. pay attention to the last part of ac which is the group discussion of a case. you don't need to present for it!!
    The competency and tech parts are really easy.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

First round was purely competency based over the phone "what was the most difficult decision you had to take in the past 12 months" "why UBS" and "how would you invest 1 million USD".

Second round consisted of another numerical test, a presentation of a company (had 30 minutes to prepare a SWOT analysis), a competency-based interview, and an interview based on your knowledge of the markets. All was fairly simple, and people were very nice.

/Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS in January 2013.

Phone interview by HR which is pretty easy followed by another phone interview with the director within the function of interest
    Assessment Center - Full day, pretty intense but not difficult, very friendly environment with informative assessors.

Interview Questions
    • Common team discussion focused on Business Development decision of a Tech Company
      "A man wear a pink hat and pink suit walks in the room right now, what did he say and who is he looking for?"

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

On campus recruiting. Two 1 on 1 interviews.

On Campus Recruiting - 1 on campus interview and 1 superday

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail the last two transactions you analyzed.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

interviewed at UBS in July 2011.

There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Questions
    • Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Superday with three interviews, one person was rude and dismissive but the others were attentive. Overall left a negative impression though.

Summer Analyst Interview

I received a call from HR, then a call from the head of the department. This was not a typical interview process because the program I applied to was different from the usual "summer analyst" position.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in October 2012.

I applied for a summer analyst position in the Equity Research Desk. After the online application and online tests (numerical & logical), I was invited to a first round phone interview with the HR. Questions were mostly competency based, including why UBS, why equity research, and also some market-based including what would you do if you had 1 million pounds. After a week, I found out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was the greatest risk you took in the last 12 months?   Answer Question