UBS

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.9

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.

Interview Questions
    • explain the most satisfying solution provided to a business problem   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS in October 2014.

A few days after handing in my CV and cover letter I promptly received a friendly call from a HR lady who wanted to schedule an interview at the Zurich office and we quickly agreed on a date.

The subsequent interview with my potential future supervisor was very straightforward, honest and down-to-earth. There was a surprising lack of the typical BS HR questions. We went through my CV with a particular focus on the job experience related to the opening and finished our 35 minutes conversation with some getting-to-know-each-other and personal questions.

After waiting for two more weeks (I didn't contact them proactively in the meantime because I wasn't certain I really wanted the job and the long commute it entailed) they sent an e-mail (after trying to call first) and didn't offer me the position. Instead, they opted for an applicant who had UBS experience - a move which I can understand and support.

To summarize, the application process with UBS was very positive and professional.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. The hardest one was explaining a gap in the CV.   Answer Question

Junior Quantitative Analyst, Portfolio Risk Methodology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in August 2014.

1. Phone interview about who I am, what they do, what I can do, how I would fit in.

2. Personal Interview 2:1 with the head of the department and one executive director:
    General questions about my CV, mentioned skills and personality. Not many technical questions, but rather discussions like "What do you think about..., let's discuss."
    Questions were focused on VaR,CVaR models, black-scholes model, arma-garch models, portfolio optimization. They also told me what problems they face in the moment and if I had any ideas how to solve them. They did not expect an actual answer, only ideas about how to approach the problems.

3. Three Personal Interviews (2 weeks later): 1:1, 2:1, 2:1 (1 hour each) with team members:
    Questions about how well I would fit into the team. I had to describe my master thesis in high detail. Afterwards technical questions were raised.
    Programming skills are required, but I did not have any technical questions about that.

In general, the interview atmosphere was very friendly and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • How do I define backtesting, stress testing.
      How to decompose complex structured products into base elements (I had to draw it) in order to assess the risk properties.
      How to make a portfolio delta-neutral with one option.
      What is necessary to also make it gamma-neutral?
      Do I have ideas how to approximate risk of options with the VIX index?
      What algorithms/methods are used to optimize big portfolios?

Answer Question

Associate Director/Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

First round technical: Time series, standard statistics / probability theory and option pricing. This include regression, bootstrap, binomial tree etc. Second round: was about the job and the team. This interview was very relaxed. A third interview was with HR, typical HR questions why this job? describe a situation where you were under pressure etc.

Wealth Management/Intern Interview

First I received a call from the HR regarding the documents I send in. They tested my english skills. All in all it was quite chilled. Then I received an invitation to an interview with the CIO of the WM department.

Interview Questions
    • No big surprises. Asked me the typical stuff like why UBS and why WM. Also asked me some stuff about my CV and my experiences in the banking sector.   Answer Question
    Didnt have one

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in February 2013.

They Focus a lot on problem solving skills. Think out loud, they want to see how you go about a matter, not if you know the answer. Be honest. UBS employees, management included, tend to be quite normal and approachable people.

Interview Questions
    • Why should you want to come work at UBS given all the bad press?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate enough. Getting promoted is tougher these days, so push hard to get hired at a good rank. Speak to the line managers, HR is rather inflexible.

Reporting Expert Interview

It was a nice interview without any unexpected questions or challenges. Questions asked were matter and work related and can be answered easily if you are prepared as you should be when entering a job interview. There was only one interview with the direct line management and after some days I got their offer.

Cash Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in August 2012.

I've had 2 interviews. One 2 H and one 2 1/2 H. This is very long. During this interviews I've discussed with many new collegues and I got a very good Impression of the new team. During the interviews I had some different situations to manage (assessments) and got an Impression what will com with the new Job.

Interview Questions
    • The discussion about salery and Bonus was very strange because this discussion happend in a discussion Team with 5 different peaople - not only witj HR and Management.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UBS in June 2012.

Applied through the website and was contacted for two phone interview, one with the line manager and one with HR.

Credit Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS in May 2012.

Took about 4 weeks. First rounf with HR, second round on the phone with hiring manager, 3rd round with 8 people at the offices. Last round was with the whole team, plus HR.