UBS Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Mar 12, 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was very personal. As all interview goes, the questions depend largely on the personality of the interviewer and what they are looking for. Don't hesitate to ask questions and know exactly why you want to go into this field before going for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be our intern?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

I emailed the branch manager and he brought me in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward he wanted to get a feel for who I was and if I would be a good employee. I was applying for an internship during a semester of classes so I was only available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and why I was interested in wealth management...things like that. I was also asked about UBS as a company and what I knew about the current market.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in August 2009.

Interview

I was given the opportunity to interview for this position in DC as I had worked in the Boston office as an intern the summer before. I first had an initial phone interview which was pretty standard, focused more on general questions and job experience. A few days later I was contacted and invited to come to DC to for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of two phases. I was interviewed by one of the Advisors and then interviewed by HR. This interview was much harder than the phone interview. There was a lot of situational questions and a lot of market data questions. Know all current relevant data. Some questions were very difficult and I think were more to see how I reacted and responded then for the actual "correctness" of the response. Then a few days later I was called and offered a position. Which then involved passing a drug test and background check.