UBS

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – First there is a phone screening. Then first round of interviews. Then second round with the Financial Advisor and the whole team. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to hear back but they called back 2 days later. But the hiring process took a very long time. 4-5 weeks to fill the application, background check, drug test, finger prints, etc.

Interview Question – Why UBS? Why Wealth Management?   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two round interview conducted by the regional President and Vice President. Round one was a one-on-one with the Vice President. After the standard, two-minute, verbal resume walk through, I was asked a series of behavorial questions.Round two with the President followed a similar ebb and flow and didn't consist of any technical questions. It is essential to have a holistic understanding of industry trends and their implications on the macro-economy.

Interview Question – Why go into wealth management instead of investment banking?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I managed to leverage my professional experience into a paid internship, whereas the majority of my peers were interning for academic credit.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in November 2013.

Interview Details – I received a call from one of the managers and was scheduled for the interview right away. The interview was held in downtown corporate office. Interviewers were extremely nice and chill. Questions were easy. They asked me about my background, previous job experience, school projects, short and long term goals. A day later I received a job offer. The whole hiring process took more than one month. The office who is responsible for a background check is slow.

Interview Question – Have you every had problems with a co-worker? And how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in November 2012.

Interview Details – I emailed the branch manager and he brought me in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward he wanted to get a feel for who I was and if I would be a good employee. I was applying for an internship during a semester of classes so I was only available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and why I was interested in wealth management...things like that. I was also asked about UBS as a company and what I knew about the current market.

Interview Question – Why Wealth Management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Wealth Management Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Initial interview was set up through the phone. Came in to interview a week later. Interview was very relaxed and some what casual. Lasted around 30 minutes. Interviewed with one individual and then a separate interview with another employee. Got my offer in a month's time.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just know your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8/hr as an intern

Very Easy Interview

Intern/Wealth Management Interview

Intern/Wealth Management
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in December 2010.

Interview Details – Send my resume online via my university recruiting site.
Got a phone call a week later.
10-minute interview

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Work 21 hours a week

Wealth Management Intern

I applied online and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – applied through school

Interview Question – tell me a time when you failed a project   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was able to land an interview through a friend who had been working there before. I received his e-mail address through the friend and I sent him my resume and a quick description of my interest in the body of the e-mail.

He contacted me three weeks later saying that a position had opened up. I went in for an interview once. He let mek now that he would contact me back in three days, if not, give him a call back in five days. I gave him a call back in exactly five. He said he'd like to offer me the position, and I gladly accepted on the spot. It took one month, however, for me to start working because of the screening process (to make sure you are legal and to sort out things with payroll).

Interview Question – He didn't throw any curveballs. Make sure you be able to tell your story of why you are there sitting in front of him through your resume. Know your strength and weakness. I highly recommend talking about cold-calling or phone skill experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He explicitly told me during the interview that I would be getting $9 an hour. I actually get paid $10, but with taxes and holdings I end up with $9/hour at the end of the day. I Really appreciated his honesty.

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was for a position as an intern during the fall semester for credit. Got a phone call about two weeks after I submitted my resume. Mostly fit type questions like why UBS, why wealth management, very informal, I asked a lot of questions. Was invited to their offices, met everyone in the group, was asked to walk through my resume.

Interview Question – Why wealth management?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UBS

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS Wealth Management Intern interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by UBS employees and interview candidates.