UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview Questions

2.2

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Interview

First there is a phone screening. Then first round of interviews. Then second round with the Financial Advisor and the whole team. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to hear back but they called back 2 days later. But the hiring process took a very long time. 4-5 weeks to fill the application, background check, drug test, finger prints, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Initial interview was set up through the phone. Came in to interview a week later. Interview was very relaxed and some what casual. Lasted around 30 minutes. Interviewed with one individual and then a separate interview with another employee. Got my offer in a month's time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. $8/hr as an intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I received a call from one of the managers and was scheduled for the interview right away. The interview was held in downtown corporate office. Interviewers were extremely nice and chill. Questions were easy. They asked me about my background, previous job experience, school projects, short and long term goals. A day later I received a job offer. The whole hiring process took more than one month. The office who is responsible for a background check is slow.

Interview Questions

• Have you every had problems with a co-worker? And how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview

applied through school

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very direct and efficient hiring process. Interview consisted of a behavioral segment which was fairly standard. Technical questions were asked during the end of the interview. Job decision was given by the end of the week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. non-paid internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was able to land an interview through a friend who had been working there before. I received his e-mail address through the friend and I sent him my resume and a quick description of my interest in the body of the e-mail. He contacted me three weeks later saying that a position had opened up. I went in for an interview once. He let mek now that he would contact me back in three days, if not, give him a call back in five days. I gave him a call back in exactly five. He said he'd like to offer me the position, and I gladly accepted on the spot. It took one month, however, for me to start working because of the screening process (to make sure you are legal and to sort out things with payroll).

Interview Questions

• He didn't throw any curveballs. Make sure you be able to tell your story of why you are there sitting in front of him through your resume. Know your strength and weakness. I highly recommend talking about cold-calling or phone skill experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

He explicitly told me during the interview that I would be getting $9 an hour. I actually get paid $10, but with taxes and holdings I end up with $9/hour at the end of the day. I Really appreciated his honesty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

I emailed the branch manager and he brought me in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward he wanted to get a feel for who I was and if I would be a good employee. I was applying for an internship during a semester of classes so I was only available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and why I was interested in wealth management...things like that. I was also asked about UBS as a company and what I knew about the current market.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Interview

I went on a first interview. It was easy conversation and was very laid back. Only a couple of general interview questions. I knew a lot about the company though and threw that in when I explained myself. No hard questions. Second interview got interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a rude customer who tells you they don't want to talk to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Was for a position as an intern during the fall semester for credit. Got a phone call about two weeks after I submitted my resume. Mostly fit type questions like why UBS, why wealth management, very informal, I asked a lot of questions. Was invited to their offices, met everyone in the group, was asked to walk through my resume.