UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview Questions

2.2

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Wealth Management Intern Interview

First there is a phone screening. Then first round of interviews. Then second round with the Financial Advisor and the whole team. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to hear back but they called back 2 days later. But the hiring process took a very long time. 4-5 weeks to fill the application, background check, drug test, finger prints, etc.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in April 2011.

Two round interview conducted by the regional President and Vice President. Round one was a one-on-one with the Vice President. After the standard, two-minute, verbal resume walk through, I was asked a series of behavorial questions.Round two with the President followed a similar ebb and flow and didn't consist of any technical questions. It is essential to have a holistic understanding of industry trends and their implications on the macro-economy.

Interview Questions
    • Why go into wealth management instead of investment banking?   Answer Question
    I managed to leverage my professional experience into a paid internship, whereas the majority of my peers were interning for academic credit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in November 2012.

I emailed the branch manager and he brought me in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward he wanted to get a feel for who I was and if I would be a good employee. I was applying for an internship during a semester of classes so I was only available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and why I was interested in wealth management...things like that. I was also asked about UBS as a company and what I knew about the current market.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in May 2010.

Strictly Behavioral. 1v1 interview consisting of the Managing director reviewing my resume and asking questions.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at UBS.

applied through school

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2013.

2 rounds of interviews, no phone. Final round is a numerical test. Great fun talking to the directors during the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2012.

Was for a position as an intern during the fall semester for credit. Got a phone call about two weeks after I submitted my resume. Mostly fit type questions like why UBS, why wealth management, very informal, I asked a lot of questions. Was invited to their offices, met everyone in the group, was asked to walk through my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS in December 2012.

I was able to land an interview through a friend who had been working there before. I received his e-mail address through the friend and I sent him my resume and a quick description of my interest in the body of the e-mail.

He contacted me three weeks later saying that a position had opened up. I went in for an interview once. He let mek now that he would contact me back in three days, if not, give him a call back in five days. I gave him a call back in exactly five. He said he'd like to offer me the position, and I gladly accepted on the spot. It took one month, however, for me to start working because of the screening process (to make sure you are legal and to sort out things with payroll).

Interview Questions
    • He didn't throw any curveballs. Make sure you be able to tell your story of why you are there sitting in front of him through your resume. Know your strength and weakness. I highly recommend talking about cold-calling or phone skill experience.   Answer Question
    He explicitly told me during the interview that I would be getting $9 an hour. I actually get paid $10, but with taxes and holdings I end up with $9/hour at the end of the day. I Really appreciated his honesty.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in October 2011.

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was asked to schedule a one on one interview at their offices. A day after the in-person interview I received an offer, pending a background check and drug test.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

Initial interview was set up through the phone. Came in to interview a week later. Interview was very relaxed and some what casual. Lasted around 30 minutes. Interviewed with one individual and then a separate interview with another employee. Got my offer in a month's time.

No negotiation. $8/hr as an intern

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!