UBS

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in May 2010.

Interview Details – Strictly Behavioral. 1v1 interview consisting of the Managing director reviewing my resume and asking questions.

Interview Questions

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews, no phone. Final round is a numerical test. Great fun talking to the directors during the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have to lead a team.   Answer Question

Wealth Management Intern

I applied online and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – applied through school

Interview Question – tell me a time when you failed a project   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in November 2012.

Interview Details – I emailed the branch manager and he brought me in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward he wanted to get a feel for who I was and if I would be a good employee. I was applying for an internship during a semester of classes so I was only available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and why I was interested in wealth management...things like that. I was also asked about UBS as a company and what I knew about the current market.

Interview Question – Why Wealth Management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in April 2011.

Interview Details – Two round interview conducted by the regional President and Vice President. Round one was a one-on-one with the Vice President. After the standard, two-minute, verbal resume walk through, I was asked a series of behavorial questions.Round two with the President followed a similar ebb and flow and didn't consist of any technical questions. It is essential to have a holistic understanding of industry trends and their implications on the macro-economy.

Interview Question – Why go into wealth management instead of investment banking?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I managed to leverage my professional experience into a paid internship, whereas the majority of my peers were interning for academic credit.

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – First there is a phone screening. Then first round of interviews. Then second round with the Financial Advisor and the whole team. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to hear back but they called back 2 days later. But the hiring process took a very long time. 4-5 weeks to fill the application, background check, drug test, finger prints, etc.

Interview Question – Why UBS? Why Wealth Management?   Answer Question

Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1. I submitted an online application

2. 1 day later, I was invited to an online assessment (IQ test, math questions, etc.)
--- 6 days later: I was invited for two interviews, with HR and line managers

3. HR phone interview (1 week later)

4. Personal interview with two line managers, director and associate director (1 day later)

Interview Question – Why did you apply for exactly this position?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Wealth Management Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – Initial interview was set up through the phone. Came in to interview a week later. Interview was very relaxed and some what casual. Lasted around 30 minutes. Interviewed with one individual and then a separate interview with another employee. Got my offer in a month's time.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Just know your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $8/hr as an intern

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2012.

Interview Details – Was for a position as an intern during the fall semester for credit. Got a phone call about two weeks after I submitted my resume. Mostly fit type questions like why UBS, why wealth management, very informal, I asked a lot of questions. Was invited to their offices, met everyone in the group, was asked to walk through my resume.

Interview Question – Why wealth management?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UBS

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UBS Wealth Management Intern interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by UBS employees and interview candidates.