UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview Questions

2.2

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Interview

First there is a phone screening. Then first round of interviews. Then second round with the Financial Advisor and the whole team. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to hear back but they called back 2 days later. But the hiring process took a very long time. 4-5 weeks to fill the application, background check, drug test, finger prints, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Tysons Corner, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Two round interview conducted by the regional President and Vice President. Round one was a one-on-one with the Vice President. After the standard, two-minute, verbal resume walk through, I was asked a series of behavorial questions.Round two with the President followed a similar ebb and flow and didn't consist of any technical questions. It is essential to have a holistic understanding of industry trends and their implications on the macro-economy.

Interview Questions

• Why go into wealth management instead of investment banking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I managed to leverage my professional experience into a paid internship, whereas the majority of my peers were interning for academic credit.

Wealth Management/Intern Interview

Interview

First I received a call from the HR regarding the documents I send in. They tested my english skills. All in all it was quite chilled. Then I received an invitation to an interview with the CIO of the WM department.

Interview Questions

• No big surprises. Asked me the typical stuff like why UBS and why WM. Also asked me some stuff about my CV and my experiences in the banking sector.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didnt have one

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

I received a call from one of the managers and was scheduled for the interview right away. The interview was held in downtown corporate office. Interviewers were extremely nice and chill. Questions were easy. They asked me about my background, previous job experience, school projects, short and long term goals. A day later I received a job offer. The whole hiring process took more than one month. The office who is responsible for a background check is slow.

Interview Questions

• Have you every had problems with a co-worker? And how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2012.

Interview

1. I submitted an online application 2. 1 day later, I was invited to an online assessment (IQ test, math questions, etc.) --- 6 days later: I was invited for two interviews, with HR and line managers 3. HR phone interview (1 week later) 4. Personal interview with two line managers, director and associate director (1 day later)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

I emailed the branch manager and he brought me in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward he wanted to get a feel for who I was and if I would be a good employee. I was applying for an internship during a semester of classes so I was only available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and why I was interested in wealth management...things like that. I was also asked about UBS as a company and what I knew about the current market.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Initial interview was set up through the phone. Came in to interview a week later. Interview was very relaxed and some what casual. Lasted around 30 minutes. Interviewed with one individual and then a separate interview with another employee. Got my offer in a month's time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. $8/hr as an intern

Intern/Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Send my resume online via my university recruiting site. Got a phone call a week later. 10-minute interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Work 21 hours a week

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

applied through school