UBS Wealth Management Interview Questions

2.8

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in April 2013.

Reached out to one of the alumni and he gave me the first round. It was a really chill conversation. He asked me about why pwm and why ubs. Then I moved to the second round which is to the office visit. Talked to few analysts associates and VPs. People are really nice and they are all basically behavioral. Got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do to change your life if given another chance   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Wealth Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Interview with wealth manager, just about my background primarily

Wealth Management Interview

first round, phone interview, I applied the Singapore office, and they give me this 30 min interview over calling me in the morning. One of my classmate got through the 1st round interview and the chance to go to New York for 2nd round, still wait for the result. I thought the reason I didn't prepare well is not successfully present the advantage I have and showing my skills

Interview Questions
    • you don't have any experience relevant to risk management,?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2012.

Interviewers were great people, some of the nicest I met in the industry. Interview wasn't difficult really, just more behaviorial than technical and consisted of 2, 30 minute one-on-one interviews. Advice: if they offer a pre-interview reception, attend it. It's a good way to meet the interviewers before hand and get to know them

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to work in a team in a project and something went wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in September 2011.

I was asked why UBS, why wealth management, how do you see the wealth mangement landscape, and basic competency questions.

These included, tell me a time when you hyave had to deal with an awkward person? How did you deal with this?
    Tell me about a time when you have had to make a decision with less than perfect information? What would you do differently if you had do it over?

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a awkward person and how did you dela with this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UBS in June 2011.

The interview was a good mix of quantitative and qualitative questions.
    1) got some questions on the markets, i.e. how do I understand that the markets work, what do I know about fixed income, what long term investment would i make an why.
    2) some quantitative questions were based on Options Theory and Fixed Income Securities, like pricing using the yield curve, duration, etc

Interview Questions
    • What are the different models used for options pricing and when are they better used.   View Answer
    Everything worked perfectly fine. The offer was good so no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS in February 2011.

Ask based on the resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in August 2009.

The process consisted of 3 interviews, one phone and two 1:1. Drug test followed the second interview; during the third interview I realized that they wanted me more than I wanted them.

Interview Questions

The more the interviewer and I discussed my possible role, I realized that I wanted something different.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS in July 2013.

1 round of face-to-face interview with the team leader and manager. Interview was straight to the point, asking for past work experience. Few of the typical interview questions. Explained briefly on the work requirements. Took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What difficulties did you face in your previous in your previous job and how you deal/ overcome it?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

For the regional offices the interview and applicaiton process is not as difficult or competitive. Usually, your interview will be with the branch manager. It is a great starting place though and great experience. The interview is probably 95% behavioral. So, just know your story, your reasoning, and what you want in the future.