UBS Wealth Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.5

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Mostly behavioral and the basic phone interview questions. Asked about school, major, background, experience, etc. Pretty easy phone interview. Next I was invited into the office for an in-person interview. Met with the senior vice president of the specific office I was applying for and the client service associate. Was asked some technical questions regarding wealth management and my overall finance background. Overall the interview process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why wealth management? Do you invest? What do you think of today's market? What is your opinion on ____ stock?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very simple. It was just a simple behavioral test. Although I had to keep checking back with HR for confirmation on my interview. They kept forgetting and kept pushing it back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Reached out to one of the alumni and he gave me the first round. It was a really chill conversation. He asked me about why pwm and why ubs. Then I moved to the second round which is to the office visit. Talked to few analysts associates and VPs. People are really nice and they are all basically behavioral. Got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to change your life if given another chance   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Interview with wealth manager, just about my background primarily

Wealth Management Interview

Interview

first round, phone interview, I applied the Singapore office, and they give me this 30 min interview over calling me in the morning. One of my classmate got through the 1st round interview and the chance to go to New York for 2nd round, still wait for the result. I thought the reason I didn't prepare well is not successfully present the advantage I have and showing my skills

Interview Questions

• you don't have any experience relevant to risk management,?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewers were great people, some of the nicest I met in the industry. Interview wasn't difficult really, just more behaviorial than technical and consisted of 2, 30 minute one-on-one interviews. Advice: if they offer a pre-interview reception, attend it. It's a good way to meet the interviewers before hand and get to know them

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to work in a team in a project and something went wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked why UBS, why wealth management, how do you see the wealth mangement landscape, and basic competency questions. These included, tell me a time when you hyave had to deal with an awkward person? How did you deal with this? Tell me about a time when you have had to make a decision with less than perfect information? What would you do differently if you had do it over?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a awkward person and how did you dela with this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was a good mix of quantitative and qualitative questions. 1) got some questions on the markets, i.e. how do I understand that the markets work, what do I know about fixed income, what long term investment would i make an why. 2) some quantitative questions were based on Options Theory and Fixed Income Securities, like pricing using the yield curve, duration, etc

Interview Questions

• What are the different models used for options pricing and when are they better used.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything worked perfectly fine. The offer was good so no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Uniondale, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Ask based on the resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 interviews, one phone and two 1:1. Drug test followed the second interview; during the third interview I realized that they wanted me more than I wanted them.

Interview Questions

The more the interviewer and I discussed my possible role, I realized that I wanted something different.