UBS

UBS Wealth Management Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UBS in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a good mix of quantitative and qualitative questions.
1) got some questions on the markets, i.e. how do I understand that the markets work, what do I know about fixed income, what long term investment would i make an why.
2) some quantitative questions were based on Options Theory and Fixed Income Securities, like pricing using the yield curve, duration, etc

Interview Question – What are the different models used for options pricing and when are they better used.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything worked perfectly fine. The offer was good so no need to negotiate.

Weehawken, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was asked why UBS, why wealth management, how do you see the wealth mangement landscape, and basic competency questions.

These included, tell me a time when you hyave had to deal with an awkward person? How did you deal with this?
Tell me about a time when you have had to make a decision with less than perfect information? What would you do differently if you had do it over?

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with a awkward person and how did you dela with this?   Answer Question

Uniondale, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in February 2011.

Interview Details – Ask based on the resume

Interview Question – tell me weakness of yourself   Answer Question

Weehawken, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in February 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewers were great people, some of the nicest I met in the industry. Interview wasn't difficult really, just more behaviorial than technical and consisted of 2, 30 minute one-on-one interviews. Advice: if they offer a pre-interview reception, attend it. It's a good way to meet the interviewers before hand and get to know them

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you had to work in a team in a project and something went wrong   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in August 2009.

Interview Details – The process consisted of 3 interviews, one phone and two 1:1. Drug test followed the second interview; during the third interview I realized that they wanted me more than I wanted them.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The more the interviewer and I discussed my possible role, I realized that I wanted something different.

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in April 2013.

Interview Details – Reached out to one of the alumni and he gave me the first round. It was a really chill conversation. He asked me about why pwm and why ubs. Then I moved to the second round which is to the office visit. Talked to few analysts associates and VPs. People are really nice and they are all basically behavioral. Got the offer the next day.

Interview Question – What would you do to change your life if given another chance   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UBS in July 2013.

Interview Details – 1 round of face-to-face interview with the team leader and manager. Interview was straight to the point, asking for past work experience. Few of the typical interview questions. Explained briefly on the work requirements. Took about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – What difficulties did you face in your previous in your previous job and how you deal/ overcome it?   Answer Question

Wealth Management

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UBS in September 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career center and was called 2-3 days thereafter. An appointment for the interview was arranged. The interview itself was very casual and conversational. Questions ranged from what my college major was, what classes I took, general questions about my past experiences, and some "philosophical" questions about why I'm interested in UBS and this position, and where my motivation comes from. Be sure to ask questions to further show your interest and let the interviewer know that you are serious about getting the internship and not that you only applied because it was an open position. Do research on the company, the division of the company you will be in, and what kind of clients the division mainly deals with. Also having a working knowledge of the financial services industry would also help in turning the interview into more of a personable conversation. I was called later and received the formal offer.

Interview Questions

Wealth Management

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details – For the regional offices the interview and applicaiton process is not as difficult or competitive. Usually, your interview will be with the branch manager. It is a great starting place though and great experience. The interview is probably 95% behavioral. So, just know your story, your reasoning, and what you want in the future.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in ten years?   Answer Question

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details – first round, phone interview, I applied the Singapore office, and they give me this 30 min interview over calling me in the morning. One of my classmate got through the 1st round interview and the chance to go to New York for 2nd round, still wait for the result. I thought the reason I didn't prepare well is not successfully present the advantage I have and showing my skills

Interview Question – you don't have any experience relevant to risk management,?   Answer Question

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!