UBS Wealth Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 interviews, one phone and two 1:1. Drug test followed the second interview; during the third interview I realized that they wanted me more than I wanted them.

Interview Questions

The more the interviewer and I discussed my possible role, I realized that I wanted something different.

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was a good mix of quantitative and qualitative questions. 1) got some questions on the markets, i.e. how do I understand that the markets work, what do I know about fixed income, what long term investment would i make an why. 2) some quantitative questions were based on Options Theory and Fixed Income Securities, like pricing using the yield curve, duration, etc

Interview Questions

• What are the different models used for options pricing and when are they better used.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything worked perfectly fine. The offer was good so no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked why UBS, why wealth management, how do you see the wealth mangement landscape, and basic competency questions. These included, tell me a time when you hyave had to deal with an awkward person? How did you deal with this? Tell me about a time when you have had to make a decision with less than perfect information? What would you do differently if you had do it over?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a awkward person and how did you dela with this?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

1 round of face-to-face interview with the team leader and manager. Interview was straight to the point, asking for past work experience. Few of the typical interview questions. Explained briefly on the work requirements. Took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties did you face in your previous in your previous job and how you deal/ overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Uniondale, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Ask based on the resume

Anonymous Employee in Weehawken, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewers were great people, some of the nicest I met in the industry. Interview wasn't difficult really, just more behaviorial than technical and consisted of 2, 30 minute one-on-one interviews. Advice: if they offer a pre-interview reception, attend it. It's a good way to meet the interviewers before hand and get to know them

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to work in a team in a project and something went wrong   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Reached out to one of the alumni and he gave me the first round. It was a really chill conversation. He asked me about why pwm and why ubs. Then I moved to the second round which is to the office visit. Talked to few analysts associates and VPs. People are really nice and they are all basically behavioral. Got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to change your life if given another chance   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

For the regional offices the interview and applicaiton process is not as difficult or competitive. Usually, your interview will be with the branch manager. It is a great starting place though and great experience. The interview is probably 95% behavioral. So, just know your story, your reasoning, and what you want in the future.

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Mostly behavioral and the basic phone interview questions. Asked about school, major, background, experience, etc. Pretty easy phone interview. Next I was invited into the office for an in-person interview. Met with the senior vice president of the specific office I was applying for and the client service associate. Was asked some technical questions regarding wealth management and my overall finance background. Overall the interview process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why wealth management? Do you invest? What do you think of today's market? What is your opinion on ____ stock?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS in September 2011.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center and was called 2-3 days thereafter. An appointment for the interview was arranged. The interview itself was very casual and conversational. Questions ranged from what my college major was, what classes I took, general questions about my past experiences, and some "philosophical" questions about why I'm interested in UBS and this position, and where my motivation comes from. Be sure to ask questions to further show your interest and let the interviewer know that you are serious about getting the internship and not that you only applied because it was an open position. Do research on the company, the division of the company you will be in, and what kind of clients the division mainly deals with. Also having a working knowledge of the financial services industry would also help in turning the interview into more of a personable conversation. I was called later and received the formal offer.