UC Davis Computer Resource Specialist II Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.0

Computer Resource Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Pretty simple and straight-forward, received an email an phone call, followed up and interviewed w/ the rest of the department (support department for a "cluster" of three academic departments.) and one faculty member. Everyone was pretty easy-going, friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what a manager is supposed to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - Budgets are tight at UC's these days.

Other Interview Reviews for UC Davis

Computer Resource Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Got an email reply, called back, scheduled. My departmental situation was a bit unique, 3 different department recently joined in an Administrative Cluster, so were still working out who did what, so effectively had 3 managers and a faculty member there for the interview. Also had an on-the-spot "this computer won't boot/get on the network/print" skills test, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• On a desktop running OSX, how would you troubleshoot a problem with a user getting their email?   Answer Question