UC Davis Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Interview with 2–4 staff members. Staff members were warm and alternated asking questions; took notes during interview. Most questions were related to the mission/vision, campus climate, and interpersonal skills/situations.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance academic responsibilities with this position?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

JUst a simple interview. I walked in and talked to the general manager. She was friendly and nice and was very interested what I had to offer. She made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• what are your life goals? What is your major? why studying that major?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

I applied for a position at a research study through UC Davis. I was contacted about a week later for an interview. The in-person interview was a panel of several people asking me not super difficult questions, and everyone was very friendly.

Student Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was mostly done through just an evaluation of prior experience, specifically the student's performance in a class required by the major (Senior Design). Past performance on graded projects were evaluated, most likely. Other factors that probably played a role were dedication to the project at hand, past interactions with the employer during group meetings concerning the project, and the overall turnout of the final deliverable.

Junior Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied Online. Was contacted about a month later for interview. Underwent interview process and was asked a lot of technical questions and how my current experience and education could apply to the position. Interviewed by a 5 person panel. Highly intimidating

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a difficult situation at work in which your interpersonal communication skills significantly improved the outcome?   Answer Question

GSR Interview

Interview

phone interview: ask some basic questions about what I am doing during my master degree and my interests also tell me the projects that I will be doing during my phd period not difficult quesitons

Interview Questions

Interview

You'll be asked about your personal interests, past projects. Nothing technical. They want to get to know you and you should ask what kind of position they are specifically looking for.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I met with three people who work for the executive that I would have been assigned to. It was a round robin style of questioning and was somewhat informal and very pleasant. Everyone was very professional and approachable. We spoke together for over an hour and I was able to explain my experience, skills and interest in the job as it would tie together nicely with the demands of the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• My experience that qualifies me for the role.   1 Answer

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

Working for the Information Center for the Environment required rigorous response to a host of questions related to public policies, programs and workplace preferences. Do your homework and review key articles by Project Manager staff and professors associated with ICE.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to provide an example of working with advocates to use science to better inform their decision making process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

private

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was an on campus interview for a consulting position. UC Davis hosted the employer. It seemed a bit rushed and the prospects weren't the best when there was a large line for the interview.