UC Davis

Average Difficulty
68 candidate interviews

Student Administrative Assistant III Interview

Student Administrative Assistant III

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – I got a call and the next day I had an interview. The interview consisted of the standard questions that I had in prior campus interviews.

Interview Question – What are you worst at? (Cannot remember the exact phrasing but it is the typical best/ worst skill question)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at UC Davis

Interview Details – I have been admitted into UC Davis through online application process. You gotta have GRE, letters and proposal to have you to get in the grad school. Because UC Davis is a university highly encourage research, therefore, rich research experience will greatly help you to be admitted.

Interview Question – Why you chose this major, what will you expect to do after one year from now on.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

Interviewed at UC Davis

Interview Details – Getting a position as a postdoc is fairly straightforward; find a professor who's research interests you, contact them about your interest and give info on your background, and ask if they have a position available. At that point they will say, "I don't have funding right now" or they will likely ask for references.

Interview Question – The only difficult question really is articulating what you want to focus your research efforts on. At least this is true for me as I just see science as a wide open playground.   Answer Question

Medical Student Interview

Medical Student

Interviewed at UC Davis

Interview Details – The mmi is a new interview process in which several small scenarios are asked of the interviewee to assess teamwork, and performance under pressure.

Interview Question – What are your biggest flaws.   Answer Question

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

Student Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at UC Davis

Interview Details – It asked the basic questions and few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why should we choose you?   View Answer

Student Assistant II Interview

Student Assistant II

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – Very relaxed and conversational interview. Typical interview to see career and education plans and goals.

Interview Question – Is money absolutely necessary?   Answer Question

Student Assistant II Interview

Student Assistant II

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – Found on Aggie Job Link, one interview

Interview Question – Do you have experience with mundane, repetitive tasks?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – I got this job as a condition of my admittance to graduate school - I was offered 5 years of support as a PhD student. There was no interview involved, but I submitted transcripts, letters of recommendation, test scores, personal statements etc.

Interview Question – Why do you want to go to graduate school   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They admitted me to graduate school and I accepted. I did not have the opportunity to negotiate the terms of my admittance, so there was no negotiation phase.

Student Assistant III Interview

Student Assistant III

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was very quick. I signed up online, set up an interview two days later, and then received the offer a week after.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. All are very basic interview questions to ask.   Answer Question

Bike Mechanic Interview

Bike Mechanic

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – I applied online through the ASUCD website with my resume. About a week or two later, they contacted me for an in-person interview. Simple questions were asked. What are your hobbies? Why do you want to become a bicycle mechanic? How is your schedule like? They are not extremely evaluative since they hire people with no experience. They hired me one hour later.

Interview Question – None - no difficult questions for non-experienced mechanics   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UC Davis

Worked for UC Davis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UC Davis interview questions and advice. All 68 interview reviews posted anonymously by UC Davis employees and interview candidates.