UC Davis Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.7

Student Administrative Assistant III Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

I got a call and the next day I had an interview. The interview consisted of the standard questions that I had in prior campus interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What are you worst at? (Cannot remember the exact phrasing but it is the typical best/ worst skill question)   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I have been admitted into UC Davis through online application process. You gotta have GRE, letters and proposal to have you to get in the grad school. Because UC Davis is a university highly encourage research, therefore, rich research experience will greatly help you to be admitted.

Interview Questions
    • Why you chose this major, what will you expect to do after one year from now on.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Getting a position as a postdoc is fairly straightforward; find a professor who's research interests you, contact them about your interest and give info on your background, and ask if they have a position available. At that point they will say, "I don't have funding right now" or they will likely ask for references.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult question really is articulating what you want to focus your research efforts on. At least this is true for me as I just see science as a wide open playground.   Answer Question

Medical Student Interview

The mmi is a new interview process in which several small scenarios are asked of the interviewee to assess teamwork, and performance under pressure.

Student Administrative Assistant Interview

It asked the basic questions and few behavioral questions.

Student Assistant II Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UC Davis.

Very relaxed and conversational interview. Typical interview to see career and education plans and goals.

Student Assistant II Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UC Davis.

Found on Aggie Job Link, one interview

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with mundane, repetitive tasks?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis.

I got this job as a condition of my admittance to graduate school - I was offered 5 years of support as a PhD student. There was no interview involved, but I submitted transcripts, letters of recommendation, test scores, personal statements etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to go to graduate school   View Answer
    They admitted me to graduate school and I accepted. I did not have the opportunity to negotiate the terms of my admittance, so there was no negotiation phase.

Student Assistant III Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Davis.

The interview and hiring process was very quick. I signed up online, set up an interview two days later, and then received the offer a week after.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. All are very basic interview questions to ask.   Answer Question

Bike Mechanic Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

I applied online through the ASUCD website with my resume. About a week or two later, they contacted me for an in-person interview. Simple questions were asked. What are your hobbies? Why do you want to become a bicycle mechanic? How is your schedule like? They are not extremely evaluative since they hire people with no experience. They hired me one hour later.

Interview Questions
    • None - no difficult questions for non-experienced mechanics   Answer Question