UC Davis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Research Associate I Interview

Staff Research Associate I
Davis, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UC Davis in January 2011.

Interview Details – There was only one interview. It was a panel interview so there were about eight of the staff interviewing me. The staff who were involved in the interview include the Primary Investigators, and other management staff. They asked questions from a pre-printed list that they had, and only strayed from that list for me to further explain an answer I gave to them. They did not really react positively or negatively when I was being interviewed.

Interview Question – If you find a coworker who is going against procedure, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interviewing process is handled directly by HR. They contact you and set up a meeting with your future department, if not, interview you themselves. Everything goes pretty smoothly by schedule. After your interview it takes about 3-5 business days for them to reach a decision. The interview was business casual, I didn't need to wear a tie. If you do get hired for the job, you have to attend a mass hiring signup event where you do a bunch of paperwork to become a university employee.

Interview Question – What your GPA is and why it isn't higher.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, salary was stated on job ad.

Programmer II Interview

Programmer II
Davis, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through the UC Davis website and was contacted via email to schedule an interview after about two weeks. The interview was with a panel of three people. It was a pretty relaxed and light-hearted atmosphere, overall. After a single interview, I received an offer after a few days.

Interview Question – A good deal of definitions and terminology tested rather than coding ability.   Answer Question

Student Assistant II Interview

Student Assistant II

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UC Davis in June 2013.

Interview Details – All three of my supervisors interviewed me, and had a paper with questions and asked me the questions off of it. They wrote notes on my responses. The questions were very general, like "tell me about a time where there was a problem and how did you solve it"

Interview Question – Where there any moments when you did not like a certain job?   Answer Question

Assistant II Interview

Assistant II

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – My hiring process was interesting because I was already working as a temporary employee in the position I was applying for. So, this obviously gave me a rather huge advantage. I submitted the application according to the usual process and was interviewed by a panel of three people, two of whom would be my supervisors and one who would be a coworker, but not working in the program that had the open position I was applying for. The interview questions were fairly basic and not terribly difficult, but did require thoughtful answers.

Interview Question – What attracted you to this job and working with this population of students (1st generation college students)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The university system has a fairly rigid salary and advancement structure. I addition, I believe I was getting a boost in salary upon becoming a full-time employee as opposed to a temp, so I didn't push the negotiation very hard.

Career Counselor Interview

Career Counselor

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – Meeting with Deans and directors

Interview Question – How can you add value to this position.   Answer Question

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Senior Graphic Designer
Davis, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Davis in January 2010.

Interview Details – Large panel for first interview. Friendly and casual. Pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you disagreed with a superior. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – Applied through UC Davis jobs website. Was contacted via e-mail for 1:1 job interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult question as this is only a student assistant job. They were mostly typical interview questions such as - what are your strength and weaknesses, what are your hobbies, what is your class schedule. There were no technical questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Student Assistant III Interview

Student Assistant III

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was very quick. I signed up online, set up an interview two days later, and then received the offer a week after.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. All are very basic interview questions to ask.   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Peer Advisor
Davis, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Davis in August 2012.

Interview Details – Had a quick interview/chat about the position in May. Went through application process and interview with a few of the staff there in the summer. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and questions about my previous experiences

Interview Question – normal behavioral questions   Answer Question