UC Davis Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Student Assistant III Interview

Interview

Applied on Aggie Joblink and got an interview in about 3 weeks. The questions were all behavioral, not technical. The people are extremely nice about everything, so don't be nervous or hesitate to apply.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standard hourly rate for students.

AA III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis in November 2014.

Interview

I was called for an interview a few days after the job posting closed. You interview with a panel of three people and they as many behavioral questions. I believe that they already have someone internal they want to hire and just interview out side applicants per policy.

Interview Questions

• How to you handel multiple task with strict deadlines?   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Panel interview, where technical questions were asked that could be asked during day to day tasks. Hiring took some time but once it was completed it was a pretty straight forward process.

Technical Floor Staff III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis in August 2014.

Interview

Laid back interview with a panel of 2 members of middle management and a veteran student employee. Basic 10 behavioral questions such as what is your greatest weakness, if you disagreed with your boss with a method how would you go about it etc... Emphasis on promptness and not being late, makes sense for a student employee job like this.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how has that affected you in a work situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation all UC Davis student payroll is fixed.

Student Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Very informal interview, I heard of the job through a friend and contacted the employer directly, asking if they had any openings. When I went in for an interview, they asked me a few questions about my work ethic and gave me more info about the job. I took the job after the interview, filled out all the paperwork and was working within a week.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Personal meeting in a national conference followed by on-site interview. I gave a 30 minutes talk about my past research experience and answered several questions. Had a lunch with senior lab members.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Interview

I contacted several PIs about graduate student opportunities in their labs and the funding situation. I had phone conversations with them about these opportunities before my interview in the spring.

Student Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty basic interviewing progress. Just applied online via aggiejob link. Had to do a group interview with around 5-7 others. Asked basic customer service-type questions that are typical in cashiering jobs.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

1. They will introduce what you will be doing in the job. 2. Then some very typical interview questions. 3. There are two interviewer for the whole process. 4. They will ask for your certificates(any kinds that you put on your resume).

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment you would like to be working in?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a board of about 10 employees. A portion of the interview is requiring the interviewee to teach material to the board. Following the teaching portion of the interview are behavioral/personality type questions.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would make you most qualified for this position?   Answer Question