UC Davis

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.7

Assistant II Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

My hiring process was interesting because I was already working as a temporary employee in the position I was applying for. So, this obviously gave me a rather huge advantage. I submitted the application according to the usual process and was interviewed by a panel of three people, two of whom would be my supervisors and one who would be a coworker, but not working in the program that had the open position I was applying for. The interview questions were fairly basic and not terribly difficult, but did require thoughtful answers.

Interview Questions
    • What attracted you to this job and working with this population of students (1st generation college students)?   Answer Question
    The university system has a fairly rigid salary and advancement structure. I addition, I believe I was getting a boost in salary upon becoming a full-time employee as opposed to a temp, so I didn't push the negotiation very hard.

Career Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

Meeting with Deans and directors

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UC Davis.

Applied through UC Davis jobs website. Was contacted via e-mail for 1:1 job interview.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult question as this is only a student assistant job. They were mostly typical interview questions such as - what are your strength and weaknesses, what are your hobbies, what is your class schedule. There were no technical questions.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Student Assistant III Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Davis.

The interview and hiring process was very quick. I signed up online, set up an interview two days later, and then received the offer a week after.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. All are very basic interview questions to ask.   Answer Question

Programmer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

I applied online through the UC Davis website and was contacted via email to schedule an interview after about two weeks. The interview was with a panel of three people. It was a pretty relaxed and light-hearted atmosphere, overall. After a single interview, I received an offer after a few days.

Interview Questions
    • A good deal of definitions and terminology tested rather than coding ability.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

The hiring and interviewing process is handled directly by HR. They contact you and set up a meeting with your future department, if not, interview you themselves. Everything goes pretty smoothly by schedule. After your interview it takes about 3-5 business days for them to reach a decision. The interview was business casual, I didn't need to wear a tie. If you do get hired for the job, you have to attend a mass hiring signup event where you do a bunch of paperwork to become a university employee.

Interview Questions
    Non-negotiable, salary was stated on job ad.

Student Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

They gave me a phone call and scheduled an interview in their office. There were two interviewers, one is the manager, another one is a current student assistant. It was a relaxing interview, only asked behavioral questions and what are my hobbits.

Interview Questions
    • The first question they asked kinda scared me: what do you know about plant science. I didn't expect that because I am a computer science major and I applied for an IT position. Turned out this question doesn't matter that much.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis in November 2013.

Hiring was fairly straightforward. Applied on the job portal on the website and heard back from them a few days later. Regular interview with 3 people and they even gave me the questions they were going to ask beforehand. It lasted around 30 minutes or so. Called me back a week later about the results. Practicing regular interviews helped a lot and they asked pretty stereotypical questions (experience, greatest weakness, etc).

There was no negotiation

Marketing Student Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis.

Applied online then received an email to set up an in-person interview few weeks later. Interviewed with the Marketing Coordinator and the out-going Marketing Student Manager. The interview ranged from personality based and exploratory questions to position specific questions regarding marketing and branding. The overall interview took about an hour with a hypothetical scenario exercise which is meant to be done on the spot. This hypothetical scenario has now changed where candidates are told beforehand what to prepare. Overall, the experience was a positive one, the length of the interview can be tiring but the interviewers put forth as much effort as you exhibit. Relax, be yourself and take your time in your answers.

Interview Questions
    • Here's a stack of post-its, sell them to us. What's your marketing strategy for them?   Answer Question

Programmer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis in September 2013.

I received their call to interview 1 week after applying for this job. The Interview was about 20 questions. The interview was conducted by 5 people. The main Interview person was good, but the other people didn't seem competent. One of the panel person was drawing flowers on his paper instead of writing notes about interview.