UC Davis Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.7

Producer/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel, 4 people in the department, one from anther department. I was asked mostly technical questions, but then some about my experience and working style. The interview was scripted, all the questions were pre-written, and the same questions were asked of all candidates. I heard back a week later.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions were the technical questions - very specific cases about audio-video special cases and scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered more than I was expecting, so I was not the strongest negotiator. I asked for one step above what they offered me. (UC job pay grades are in "steps")

Student Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UC Davis in June 2013.

Interview

All three of my supervisors interviewed me, and had a paper with questions and asked me the questions off of it. They wrote notes on my responses. The questions were very general, like "tell me about a time where there was a problem and how did you solve it"

Interview Questions

• Where there any moments when you did not like a certain job?   Answer Question

Interview

It asked the basic questions and few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Davis in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted online PDF application and was called back the same day for a single phone interview. Hiring manager was very personable and easy to talk to. Asked straight forward questions. Following training program was time consuming but they were willing to work around people's schedules so long as they're given advanced notice.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been late to your previous work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations but opportunities for raises every quarter.

Lead Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position on their website. After a few days, they arranged a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. The interview is technical oriented. The questions are mostly focused on Java, JSP and Spring MVC.

Interview Questions

• How do you pass variables between two JSP pages and how do you do it between a controller servlet and a JSP page?   1 Answer

Ad Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial communication then two interviews. Had to start as an ad representative.

Interview Questions

• How will you increase revenue.   1 Answer

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

Not much. I met with the PI for a brief meeting, talked about the project, and then got an email a week or so later with my salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember. There weren't really any questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really aren't any in grad school, I think?

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

basic, answer a couple questions

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Had a quick interview/chat about the position in May. Went through application process and interview with a few of the staff there in the summer. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and questions about my previous experiences

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Professional process. Asked 10-15 questions about your graphic design experience. Asked to show your portfolio at the end. Very standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Branding is a huge concept. Understand that and you will flourish.   Answer Question