UC Davis Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.7

Lead Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UC Davis in March 2013.

I applied for the position on their website. After a few days, they arranged a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. The interview is technical oriented. The questions are mostly focused on Java, JSP and Spring MVC.

Interview Questions
    • How do you pass variables between two JSP pages and how do you do it between a controller servlet and a JSP page?   View Answer

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online - interviewed at UC Davis in September 2010.

Email communications, phone interview. Depends on the funding situation

Interview Questions
    • One scientific question for my research project   View Answer
    No negotiation. Happy with the deal

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at UC Davis in September 2009.

The application was online, it was pretty easy, and straightforward. I was notified by email about the interview location and date.

Interview Questions
    • I was under the impression it was going to be a one on one interview, but actually it was a group interview! I had never had one before, and when I realized that I was incredibly nervous, but then I realized no one knew so we kind of all were in the same boat together. it was a big oval desk, with 4 interviewers a about 10 applicants. they went around randomly and asked questions, after we all introduced ourselves. They asked us, why we wanted to work there and what we could provide for the ARC.   Answer Question
    I got a call 2 -3 days later telling me that I got the job if I choose it, and I said yes and we set up my first day of training/work.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Davis in January 2010.

Started off with exchanging emails with the professor I wanted to work with. Next was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes, with details discussions on technical know how and project development. This was followed by a day long visit to the lab, involving a seminar by me for 45 minutes, and several one-on-ones and one-on-twos, about 6 in total. I was told of the outcome about 19 business days later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you develop an assay to measure a certain phenotype in an organism?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate as they said the salary was fixed on a UC Scale.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at UC Davis in May 2012.

It was not hard at all.

Interview Questions
    • There was none other than about experience related to the job.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at UC Davis in January 2011.

phone then office

pay was low

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online - interviewed at UC Davis in August 2012.

basic, answer a couple questions

Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Davis in July 2008.

Online application with great care for matching keywords with the ones in the job description and requirements otherwise high chance of the application being rejected. First interview was a phone interview aiming to screen candidates and making the job seem fairly unatractive with the aim of negotiating it towards an entry-level position or the lowest salary scale for the announced position. Once terms were accepted proceeded to a 1:1 interview and questions were fairly difficult for the position level as to giving negotiating power to the hiring manager during the final steps of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Althought the position was announced as a permanent position, the hiring manager stated the offer was only good for two months subject to renewal. Then asked if I was still interested.   View Answers (2)
    I was unable to negotiate anything, the hiring manager was quite unflexible.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UC Davis.

Not much. I met with the PI for a brief meeting, talked about the project, and then got an email a week or so later with my salary and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't remember. There weren't really any questions.   Answer Question
    There really aren't any in grad school, I think?

Lab Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at UC Davis in May 2012.

Asked about my previous research project and specifics about my project, friendly interview with the PI. Asked about my career goals and availability. short in duration 20-30 mins.