UC Davis Medical Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst III Interview

Financial Analyst III
Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 1 Phone Interview, 1 4-person panel interview, 1 interview with manager, 1 interview with executive director. The phone interview consisted of general questions on strengths, weaknesses, ability to lead a project. The panel interview was kind of a repeat but I also showed my work products. Knowing Excel, especially vlookups and pivot tables is a must.. The one on one interviews were just "get to know you" type interviews 30 min each. The first one-on-one want to make sure I understood the job description. The second one-on-one was very basic and they kind of went into what they do and their past experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time you lead a project?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She presented the offer and I got a couple days to think it over....It was a generous offer and I chose not to negotiate because I was an internal candidate which means that there is a 25% salary increase cap per year. I got 20% where typical offers are 5-10%.

Academic Program Representative I Interview

Academic Program Representative I
Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center in December 2013.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with a panel of 6 people.

Interview Question – Not hard questions to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Horrible. The worst experience of my professional career. They offered me the job verbally, 4 months later, no word from them. They withdrew the position and didn't tell me, after they verbally offered me the job and fill out references. No joking... and I currently work for UCDavis.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very Professional. Recruiter called. I was screened by the recruiter who then forwarded my information to the Department Director. I interviewed with the Dept. Director, a doctor and a nurse in the dept. I was provided an offer that was commensurate with my clinical skill and experience. I was also offered relocation for my interstate move.

Interview Question – I really did not get an unexpected question. I have interviewed with several hospitals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was simple. I requested relocation and received it.

MSP II Manager Interview

MSP II Manager
Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center in June 2013.

Interview Details – Preliminary screening process required in answering 2 management scenarios (customer service) within 60 minutes online. No communication regarding the scoring or results. Interview panel with 4 individuals in a structured interview process, rotating who asks the question, and responses are written down.

Interview Question – Describe your experience in a personnel matter in which you wished the outcome was different and why.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center.

Interview Details – The application process is typical: electronic and impersonal. It is difficult to pass initial screening without including ALL job description keywords in your application and resume. Panel interviews are the norm with scripted questions and scoring rubrics. The UC's quasi government bureaucracy can take months between an interview and an offer. Always mention customer service and community values

Interview Question – Nothing original here. Most questions avoid technical details, but emphasize concepts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Never settle for less. Negotiate your best offer in writing. Despite the good intentions and verbal promises some hiring managers make, I know of multiple people whose promises were broken. Wages are stagnant and not likely to go up in the current fiscal climate. Benefits are reduced for new hires. Be sure to understand the limits on pensions, retiree health care, and eligibility. This is a life style choice for the long term.

Febs Interview

Febs

Interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center

Interview Details – Extension (Specialists, Advisors, work groups, and programs); participating in meetings with the public; publishing articles in popular and trade/industry magazines; providing information for articles for newspapers, radio, or visual media; developing computer software; working with public or private schools; teaching University Extension courses or short courses; participating in workshops, field tours, or symposia; or other activities.

Interview Question – from basic research to applied research. This research may be very basic in nature, but has as an ultimate goal the solution of a problem facing society and is related to the mission of the AES. As their primary responsibility Agronomists (____ in the AES) are expected to develop and conduct mission-oriented research, and publish and disseminate the results thereof   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Fbbnj

Intern Pharmacist Interview

Intern Pharmacist

I applied online and interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center.

Interview Details – Interview process was very relaxed. Your typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – Your typical interview questions. Prepare in advance to do well.   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

New Grad RN
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had an interview on a medical unit. The manager and assistant manager were very nice throughout. There wasn't much of a discussion, it was pretty much question-answer, question-answer, which I didn't really like. Also, they took a lot longer to make their decision than they told me during the interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other qualified applicants?   Answer Question

Programmer III Interview

Programmer III

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center.

Interview Details – Initially, the processes leading up to the interview were normal...but then came the interview. I was put in a room with 7 other individuals whom I'd assumed worked - or at least were involved - within the field of Information Technology. The interview began, and after we surpassed all of the pleasantries (introductions, etc.), all of the 7 individuals began asking me questions in a 'round-robin' format. This would seem normal except for the fact that not one single person in the room had any idea what I was talking about! I later learned that everyone interviewing me were administrative people, and they were all given documentation filled with questions to ask. Where were the IT people you ask? I was told some couldn't make it to the interview and that others were on vacation.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Sacramento, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center in May 2011.

Interview Details – Long interview process.
1. Contacted to interview 2 weeks after application via email.
2. Interviewed by panel of 3
3. Waited 3 weeks until I received a job offer
4. After acceptance did background check and physical
5. Whole process took about 5 weeks

Depends on your department. I was quite honest in my interview regarding my skills and felt that I did not conduct a good interview. However, I was offered a job so my feelings did not reflect the perceptions of the interviewers. Make sure you keep a copy of the job description you apply for since the online application process does not keep a copy for you.
People of department were quite friendly and willing to give me a chance even when I had not worked for a while. Professionals that are conscientious and willing to work with you.

Interview Questions

• What difficult situation have you encountered and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever gone above and beyond to complete your work tasks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can negotiate,

Worked for UC Davis Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!