UC Davis Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There is a team of three interviewers. Questions seemed straight forward, but were misleading. Seems that you have to get inside information to pass the interview. I answered honestly and with as much eloquence as possible. Did not get the position although I have worked in same position with another company for over ten years. Maybe too honest? No reasoning or explanation as to why I was not chosen. For the effort expended by all - you'd think they'd let you know why...

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is your greatest contribution to your current company...?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center.

Interview

The first and second interviews were group interviews and very enjoyable.The group members took turns asking questions. The overall process was very, very slow. It took several weeks before I heard back after submitting the application and after the first interview.

After the second interview, I did not hear back personally as to whether I got the job or not. All information is only given through the applicant tracking system. That was disappointing as I progressed to their last step and expected an email notifying me either way.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview with three or more people. The questions are the same for everyone and I feel were very basic. Many times they already have people within the department the are going to promote and the interview process is just a formality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a lot of room to negotiate

Academic Program Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

2 interviews with a panel of 6 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Horrible. The worst experience of my professional career. They offered me the job verbally, 4 months later, no word from them. They withdrew the position and didn't tell me, after they verbally offered me the job and fill out references. No joking... and I currently work for UCDavis.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The application process is typical: electronic and impersonal. It is difficult to pass initial screening without including ALL job description keywords in your application and resume. Panel interviews are the norm with scripted questions and scoring rubrics. The UC's quasi government bureaucracy can take months between an interview and an offer. Always mention customer service and community values

Interview Questions

• Nothing original here. Most questions avoid technical details, but emphasize concepts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never settle for less. Negotiate your best offer in writing. Despite the good intentions and verbal promises some hiring managers make, I know of multiple people whose promises were broken. Wages are stagnant and not likely to go up in the current fiscal climate. Benefits are reduced for new hires. Be sure to understand the limits on pensions, retiree health care, and eligibility. This is a life style choice for the long term.

Febs Interview

Interview

Extension (Specialists, Advisors, work groups, and programs); participating in meetings with the public; publishing articles in popular and trade/industry magazines; providing information for articles for newspapers, radio, or visual media; developing computer software; working with public or private schools; teaching University Extension courses or short courses; participating in workshops, field tours, or symposia; or other activities.

Interview Questions

• from basic research to applied research. This research may be very basic in nature, but has as an ultimate goal the solution of a problem facing society and is related to the mission of the AES. As their primary responsibility Agronomists (____ in the AES) are expected to develop and conduct mission-oriented research, and publish and disseminate the results thereof   Answer Question

Fbbnj

Intern Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center.

Interview

Interview process was very relaxed. Your typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Your typical interview questions. Prepare in advance to do well.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 Phone Interview, 1 4-person panel interview, 1 interview with manager, 1 interview with executive director. The phone interview consisted of general questions on strengths, weaknesses, ability to lead a project. The panel interview was kind of a repeat but I also showed my work products. Knowing Excel, especially vlookups and pivot tables is a must.. The one on one interviews were just "get to know you" type interviews 30 min each. The first one-on-one want to make sure I understood the job description. The second one-on-one was very basic and they kind of went into what they do and their past experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She presented the offer and I got a couple days to think it over....It was a generous offer and I chose not to negotiate because I was an internal candidate which means that there is a 25% salary increase cap per year. I got 20% where typical offers are 5-10%.

MSP II Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Preliminary screening process required in answering 2 management scenarios (customer service) within 60 minutes online. No communication regarding the scoring or results. Interview panel with 4 individuals in a structured interview process, rotating who asks the question, and responses are written down.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in a personnel matter in which you wished the outcome was different and why.   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I had an interview on a medical unit. The manager and assistant manager were very nice throughout. There wasn't much of a discussion, it was pretty much question-answer, question-answer, which I didn't really like. Also, they took a lot longer to make their decision than they told me during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other qualified applicants?   Answer Question