UC Davis Medical Center Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

Updated Mar 31, 2015
Updated Mar 31, 2015

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There is a team of three interviewers. Questions seemed straight forward, but were misleading. Seems that you have to get inside information to pass the interview. I answered honestly and with as much eloquence as possible. Did not get the position although I have worked in same position with another company for over ten years. Maybe too honest? No reasoning or explanation as to why I was not chosen. For the effort expended by all - you'd think they'd let you know why...

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is your greatest contribution to your current company...?   Answer Question

Academic Program Representative I Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

2 interviews with a panel of 6 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Horrible. The worst experience of my professional career. They offered me the job verbally, 4 months later, no word from them. They withdrew the position and didn't tell me, after they verbally offered me the job and fill out references. No joking... and I currently work for UCDavis.

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The application process is typical: electronic and impersonal. It is difficult to pass initial screening without including ALL job description keywords in your application and resume. Panel interviews are the norm with scripted questions and scoring rubrics. The UC's quasi government bureaucracy can take months between an interview and an offer. Always mention customer service and community values

Interview Questions

• Nothing original here. Most questions avoid technical details, but emphasize concepts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Never settle for less. Negotiate your best offer in writing. Despite the good intentions and verbal promises some hiring managers make, I know of multiple people whose promises were broken. Wages are stagnant and not likely to go up in the current fiscal climate. Benefits are reduced for new hires. Be sure to understand the limits on pensions, retiree health care, and eligibility. This is a life style choice for the long term.

Financial Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 1 Phone Interview, 1 4-person panel interview, 1 interview with manager, 1 interview with executive director. The phone interview consisted of general questions on strengths, weaknesses, ability to lead a project. The panel interview was kind of a repeat but I also showed my work products. Knowing Excel, especially vlookups and pivot tables is a must.. The one on one interviews were just "get to know you" type interviews 30 min each. The first one-on-one want to make sure I understood the job description. The second one-on-one was very basic and they kind of went into what they do and their past experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She presented the offer and I got a couple days to think it over....It was a generous offer and I chose not to negotiate because I was an internal candidate which means that there is a 25% salary increase cap per year. I got 20% where typical offers are 5-10%.

MSP II Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Preliminary screening process required in answering 2 management scenarios (customer service) within 60 minutes online. No communication regarding the scoring or results. Interview panel with 4 individuals in a structured interview process, rotating who asks the question, and responses are written down.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in a personnel matter in which you wished the outcome was different and why.   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I had an interview on a medical unit. The manager and assistant manager were very nice throughout. There wasn't much of a discussion, it was pretty much question-answer, question-answer, which I didn't really like. Also, they took a lot longer to make their decision than they told me during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other qualified applicants?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Very Professional. Recruiter called. I was screened by the recruiter who then forwarded my information to the Department Director. I interviewed with the Dept. Director, a doctor and a nurse in the dept. I was provided an offer that was commensurate with my clinical skill and experience. I was also offered relocation for my interstate move.

Interview Questions

• I really did not get an unexpected question. I have interviewed with several hospitals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was simple. I requested relocation and received it.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis Medical Center (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Long interview process.
    1. Contacted to interview 2 weeks after application via email.
    2. Interviewed by panel of 3
    3. Waited 3 weeks until I received a job offer
    4. After acceptance did background check and physical
    5. Whole process took about 5 weeks

Depends on your department. I was quite honest in my interview regarding my skills and felt that I did not conduct a good interview. However, I was offered a job so my feelings did not reflect the perceptions of the interviewers. Make sure you keep a copy of the job description you apply for since the online application process does not keep a copy for you.
    People of department were quite friendly and willing to give me a chance even when I had not worked for a while. Professionals that are conscientious and willing to work with you.

Interview Questions

• What difficult situation have you encountered and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever gone above and beyond to complete your work tasks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can negotiate,