UC Davis

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Davis in December 2010.

Interview Details – Presentation and meeting with people in the department, very casual

Negotiation Details – salary is fixed not negotiable

Davis, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UC Davis in February 2008.

Interview Details – I had a detailed academic CV along with a research statement. We got a perfect match between me and the research group. I had only one phone interview, enough generic. There were 15 candidates for this position. They didn't ask for any recommendation letters.

Interview Question – What do you wanna be in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation,

Interviewed at UC Davis

Interview Details – Getting a position as a postdoc is fairly straightforward; find a professor who's research interests you, contact them about your interest and give info on your background, and ask if they have a position available. At that point they will say, "I don't have funding right now" or they will likely ask for references.

Interview Question – The only difficult question really is articulating what you want to focus your research efforts on. At least this is true for me as I just see science as a wide open playground.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UC Davis

Worked for UC Davis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UC Davis Postdoctoral Fellow interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by UC Davis employees and interview candidates.