UC Davis Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions & Reviews

1.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at UC Davis in December 2010.

Presentation and meeting with people in the department, very casual

salary is fixed not negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for UC Davis

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UC Davis in February 2008.

I had a detailed academic CV along with a research statement. We got a perfect match between me and the research group. I had only one phone interview, enough generic. There were 15 candidates for this position. They didn't ask for any recommendation letters.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation,

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Getting a position as a postdoc is fairly straightforward; find a professor who's research interests you, contact them about your interest and give info on your background, and ask if they have a position available. At that point they will say, "I don't have funding right now" or they will likely ask for references.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficult question really is articulating what you want to focus your research efforts on. At least this is true for me as I just see science as a wide open playground.   Answer Question

Worked for UC Davis? Contribute to the Community!