UC Davis

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Postdoctoral Scholar

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details – Personal meeting in a national conference followed by on-site interview. I gave a 30 minutes talk about my past research experience and answered several questions. Had a lunch with senior lab members.

Interview Question – Career plan   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Postdoctoral Scholar
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Davis in January 2010.

Interview Details – Started off with exchanging emails with the professor I wanted to work with. Next was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes, with details discussions on technical know how and project development. This was followed by a day long visit to the lab, involving a seminar by me for 45 minutes, and several one-on-ones and one-on-twos, about 6 in total. I was told of the outcome about 19 business days later.

Interview Question – How would you develop an assay to measure a certain phenotype in an organism?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as they said the salary was fixed on a UC Scale.

Worked for UC Davis? Contribute to the Community!