UC Davis Postdoctoral Scholar Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014

4.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Davis.

Personal meeting in a national conference followed by on-site interview. I gave a 30 minutes talk about my past research experience and answered several questions. Had a lunch with senior lab members.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UC Davis

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Davis in January 2010.

Started off with exchanging emails with the professor I wanted to work with. Next was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes, with details discussions on technical know how and project development. This was followed by a day long visit to the lab, involving a seminar by me for 45 minutes, and several one-on-ones and one-on-twos, about 6 in total. I was told of the outcome about 19 business days later.

Interview Questions
    • How would you develop an assay to measure a certain phenotype in an organism?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate as they said the salary was fixed on a UC Scale.

Worked for UC Davis? Contribute to the Community!