UC Davis

2.6

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis.

Working for the Information Center for the Environment required rigorous response to a host of questions related to public policies, programs and workplace preferences. Do your homework and review key articles by Project Manager staff and professors associated with ICE.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to provide an example of working with advocates to use science to better inform their decision making process.   View Answer
    private

Programmer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

I applied online through the UC Davis website and was contacted via email to schedule an interview after about two weeks. The interview was with a panel of three people. It was a pretty relaxed and light-hearted atmosphere, overall. After a single interview, I received an offer after a few days.

Interview Questions
    • A good deal of definitions and terminology tested rather than coding ability.   Answer Question

Programmer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis in September 2013.

I received their call to interview 1 week after applying for this job. The Interview was about 20 questions. The interview was conducted by 5 people. The main Interview person was good, but the other people didn't seem competent. One of the panel person was drawing flowers on his paper instead of writing notes about interview.

Producer/Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis in June 2013.

I interviewed with a panel, 4 people in the department, one from anther department. I was asked mostly technical questions, but then some about my experience and working style. The interview was scripted, all the questions were pre-written, and the same questions were asked of all candidates. I heard back a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were the technical questions - very specific cases about audio-video special cases and scenarios.   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I was expecting, so I was not the strongest negotiator. I asked for one step above what they offered me. (UC job pay grades are in "steps")

Lead Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UC Davis in March 2013.

I applied for the position on their website. After a few days, they arranged a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. The interview is technical oriented. The questions are mostly focused on Java, JSP and Spring MVC.

Interview Questions
    • How do you pass variables between two JSP pages and how do you do it between a controller servlet and a JSP page?   View Answer

Ad Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis in November 2012.

Initial communication then two interviews. Had to start as an ad representative.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UC Davis.

Not much. I met with the PI for a brief meeting, talked about the project, and then got an email a week or so later with my salary and benefits.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't remember. There weren't really any questions.   Answer Question
    There really aren't any in grad school, I think?

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis in August 2012.

basic, answer a couple questions

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis in August 2012.

Had a quick interview/chat about the position in May. Went through application process and interview with a few of the staff there in the summer. Interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and questions about my previous experiences

None

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Davis in June 2012.

Professional process. Asked 10-15 questions about your graphic design experience. Asked to show your portfolio at the end. Very standard interview.

Interview Questions
    • Branding is a huge concept. Understand that and you will flourish.   Answer Question