UC Health Interview Questions

2.8

Patient Care Assistant - Daniel Drake Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR within a week. The interview was scheduled two weeks after initial contact from HR because their schedule was completely booked. I interviewed first with the HR manager, questions were straight forward and expected: why are you interested in this position, tell me about a time you encountered conflict and how it was resolved, what are your goals, etc. Second round interview was immediately following and was with the interim nurse manager. She asked more involved questions, why are you choosing this facility over others in the area, what type of person do you think this job requires, what is your biggest opportunity, etc. She then took me on a tour of the facility and described functions of each wing. I interviewed on a Thursday and was informed by both the HR manager and the interim nurse manager that I would learn their decision--offer or no offer--the following Monday. I followed up a week after the interview and still have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my career goals, which go beyond the role of a PCA, and then was asked about my commitment to the position--perhaps a rookie mistake on my end to respond with an approximate timeline.   1 Answer

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Interview

I submitted my application and in less than a week received a call from human resources to schedule an interview. I came in for the interview and met with a human resources specialist and then with the manager from the floor that I applied to. I received an offer for a position the next week.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of different situations in which you have demonstrated certain values, i.e. integrity, etc.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC Health.

Interview

I submitted my application and two weeks later was contacted by HR for a phone interview.. Pretty in depth conference phone interview with the manager of rehab care and one other staff member then in person interview to follow

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview I was caught off guard, they asked me if I could play any sport in any position, what would it be and why   Answer Question
    • They asked about their 4 core values. Which of the four is your strongest and which is your weakest   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Health (Champaign, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewing was done over 4 interviews. 1 with HR representative 3 with the Hiring Manager. These interviews were over 1 month period of time. Communications seemed to breakdown. I was given false time deadlines which I don't believe were intentional but frustrating. It seemed that at the last interview the priorities of the job had changed due to the hiring of a new Department Manager.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a question that was asked that was unexpected. The most difficult was "Why do you want this job?"   Answer Question

Managerial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2012.

Interview

Dropped an application online, over a month later was contacted about the position. Completed a phone interview that went well, then was asked in for an in-person interview. Average interview, nothing really memorable, was very formal and felt somewhat rushed as if they had other places they needed to be. It seemed clear I was still a candidate for the position and I was told they'd be in contact within 2 weeks for a second interview or possibly an offer. 2 weeks passed, left an email and voice mail with no response. Followed up with a polite email/voice mail with HR and the hiring manager once a week for over a month and was never responded to. It is common courtesy to at least contact who you called in for an in-person interview!

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with three managers and was very friendly and laid back. Discussed previous nursing experience and toured unit.

Interview Questions

• Very easy and no difficult questions. Strictly about nursing and type of patients they serviced.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hiring process is no longer straight forward as my experience

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at UC Health (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for a position with the boss. It was obvious that the interviewer already had someone else in mind. Interviewed with two others. No trick questions.

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, OH

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UC Health (West Chester, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview at the time was by an AWESOME manager who left the company shortly after it opened which sadly changed the dynamics of the hospital drastically. She was short, to the point, directed the interview and got out of me the info she wanted to make her decision.

Interview Questions

• Give me your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary offered was taken.