UC Irvine

Relevance Date Difficulty

UC Irvine Athletics/Sports Marketing Interview

UC Irvine Athletics/Sports Marketing
Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UC Irvine in April 2012.

Interview Details – I sent in a cover letter and resume. They got back to me and I had a group interview with 2 other people. It was a relatively smooth group interview, everyone a fair opportunity to answer the questions. After that interview, they called me back for another interview, but it was essentially to say that I had gotten the internship

Interview Question – What are the things that motivate you to work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an unpaid internship, so no negotiation was necessary

Lecturer Interview

Lecturer
Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview Details – The interview was very simple and straightforward. They just asked how I would teach the course I was applying to teach and I told them and they wanted lots of past references to talk to about my teaching experience. I had to give examples of my teaching methodology and samples of past courses taught with samples of materials and past student evaluations. It was not hard it was just tedious. Good luck!

Interview Question – Give me examples of how you will teach your material.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, they just say this is what we have budgeted for this, take it or leave it!

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

Undergraduate Researcher

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview Details – In order to be considered for an interview a resume must be submitted to the professor. If the professor likes your resume be ready to answer questions about the projects/experience you have had before. During the interview the professor measures up your personality and how you react under pressure with different types of questions. Also, specific questions can be asked about anything you put on your resume.

Interview Question – He asked questions about the Projects I worked on. Also, asked question about my work ethic.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Tutor

I applied in-person and interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview Details – The LARC office sends out an email to all students with GPAs above 3.25 who also did exceptionally well in specific subjects. The student then has a certain amount of time to fill out an application, which includes his/her unofficial transcript and two faculty recommendations. Turn in the application as soon as possible, especially if your GPA is closer to 3.25, because a big part of the decision to invite the applicant for an interview comes from the early submission time of your application. The interview is a group interview, with about 2-3 other applicants and is pretty relaxed. My interviewer emphasized relaxation and no judgement throughout the interview. They ask questions ranging from what do you think are three characteristics a great tutor should have to would you be open to hang out with other tutors and attend LARC socials? They care about providing a sense of community and understanding in the LARC program because that's really how a tutor should be with his/her students.

Interview Question – What is one random fact about you as a child?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation; take the job because it was one of the best experiences throughout my college career.

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UC Irvine in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied via online application, submitted transcripts and letters of recommendation, got a spot.

Negotiation Details – None

Operations Crew Member Interview

Operations Crew Member
Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Irvine in September 2010.

Interview Details – They call you to schedule an interview. The interview itself is in a board room, sometimes with a group of other or sometimes just one on one. They ask you questions and even lead with an icebreaker.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Once they accept you and you accept the position you are called in for an info session where you set up how you get paid.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview Details – Standard Graduate School Application

Interview Question – Standard Application Process. Rather opaque, but that's standard.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Executive Director of Center for Autism Interview

Executive Director of Center for Autism

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UC Irvine in February 2014.

Interview Details – The initial call was a phone interview to debrief me about the job description, discuss the details of this job description and salary and benefits it offers. A more in depth interview with a committee will take place late March. There will be more opportunities to learn about this role and ask questions then.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Programmer/Analyst II Interview

Programmer/Analyst II
Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Irvine in January 2011.

Interview Details – A phone screen is given to make sure you know what you're doing. No brain teasing programming puzzles or anything like that but you need to know the technologies used at the position you are applying.

Interview Question – Implement an algorithm that takes two numbers and returns the result of the first number to the power of the second.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

Interviewed at UC Irvine

Interview Details – There is no interview. Submit your application materials and in most cases you will have no interview. If there is something special about you, and they really want you, there might be an interview. There is almost no care about any exams or tests if you are worried about that.

Worked for UC Irvine? Contribute to the Community!