UC Irvine Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.8

Administrative Assistant III Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UC Irvine.

Applied via their website and was called rather quickly. Set up an interview with the Director of the program that week. Immediately after finishing the interview with the Director, I was taken to the neighboring coworker's office and sat for another interview with her. I was also walked around the office being introduced to others. I believe this is so that everyone can get a feel for your fit, even if they aren't directly interviewing you. A few days later, I was invited back for a third and final interview with the most senior colleague which ending up being very casual and conversational. It was definitely the easiest interview of the the three.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate but my salary increased annually

Student Affairs Officer Interview

It was an interesting process. It depends on which department you are interviews for, but most of the questions were to fit and experience questions. The office environment seemed very upbeat and everyone seemed to genuinely be good colleagues .

Interview Questions
    • What was my favorite color and how it relates to the person I am.   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at UC Irvine.

The interview was very simple and straightforward. They just asked how I would teach the course I was applying to teach and I told them and they wanted lots of past references to talk to about my teaching experience. I had to give examples of my teaching methodology and samples of past courses taught with samples of materials and past student evaluations. It was not hard it was just tedious. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Give me examples of how you will teach your material.   View Answer
    None, they just say this is what we have budgeted for this, take it or leave it!

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at UC Irvine.

In order to be considered for an interview a resume must be submitted to the professor. If the professor likes your resume be ready to answer questions about the projects/experience you have had before. During the interview the professor measures up your personality and how you react under pressure with different types of questions. Also, specific questions can be asked about anything you put on your resume.

Interview Questions
    • He asked questions about the Projects I worked on. Also, asked question about my work ethic.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at UC Irvine.

The LARC office sends out an email to all students with GPAs above 3.25 who also did exceptionally well in specific subjects. The student then has a certain amount of time to fill out an application, which includes his/her unofficial transcript and two faculty recommendations. Turn in the application as soon as possible, especially if your GPA is closer to 3.25, because a big part of the decision to invite the applicant for an interview comes from the early submission time of your application. The interview is a group interview, with about 2-3 other applicants and is pretty relaxed. My interviewer emphasized relaxation and no judgement throughout the interview. They ask questions ranging from what do you think are three characteristics a great tutor should have to would you be open to hang out with other tutors and attend LARC socials? They care about providing a sense of community and understanding in the LARC program because that's really how a tutor should be with his/her students.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation; take the job because it was one of the best experiences throughout my college career.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UC Irvine.

Standard Graduate School Application

Interview Questions
    • Standard Application Process. Rather opaque, but that's standard.   Answer Question

Executive Director of Center for Autism Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UC Irvine in February 2014.

The initial call was a phone interview to debrief me about the job description, discuss the details of this job description and salary and benefits it offers. A more in depth interview with a committee will take place late March. There will be more opportunities to learn about this role and ask questions then.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Graduate Student Interview

There is no interview. Submit your application materials and in most cases you will have no interview. If there is something special about you, and they really want you, there might be an interview. There is almost no care about any exams or tests if you are worried about that.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview was straight-forward and not intimidating. Questions were job-related so if you understand what the job is about you will be fine. Mostly common sense questions.

Reader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at UC Irvine in January 2014.

The professor just ask me some basic knowledge of C programming.

Worked for UC Irvine? Contribute to the Community!