UC Irvine

2.8

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at UC Irvine.

Panel interviews seem to be the norm. I was interviewed by 5 people simultaneously. They called it popcorn style and questions were directed at me from all members of the panel in a somewhat random order. After advancing to the next round, I was asked to answer a case and submit my input in writing, rather than a presentation.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at UC Irvine.

The interview was very simple and straightforward. They just asked how I would teach the course I was applying to teach and I told them and they wanted lots of past references to talk to about my teaching experience. I had to give examples of my teaching methodology and samples of past courses taught with samples of materials and past student evaluations. It was not hard it was just tedious. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Give me examples of how you will teach your material.   View Answer
    None, they just say this is what we have budgeted for this, take it or leave it!

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview was straight-forward and not intimidating. Questions were job-related so if you understand what the job is about you will be fine. Mostly common sense questions.

Reader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at UC Irvine in January 2014.

The professor just ask me some basic knowledge of C programming.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Irvine in October 2013.

The interview consisted of meeting every person in the lab for approximately 20 minutes. I met with the PI for 1 hour in the morning and was shuffled between people. I went to lunch with the lab members and at the end of the day gave a 1 hour talk on my scientific background and recent publication.

The hiring process was fairly simple. I heard it varies from department to department. The Department of Anatomy was helpful. You should follow up if you haven't heard about parts of your paperwork in a few days. There are lots of post-doctoral researchers, and sometimes they forget.

Interview Questions
    • What specific aims would you propose based on the findings of your last publication.   Answer Question
    There is pay scale in place by the NIH based on years of experience. You can negotiate moving costs and/or to be hired as more experience based on your resume and technical skill.

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at UC Irvine in April 2013.

I applied on the school career center's website. The process took about one week. I got an interview with four full-time staffs, including the HR Analyst. They basically asked behavioral questions and went over your resume. They only asked if you know about Excel but did not test your skills. It was an easy interview. I was called one or two days later and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiation. It's part-time.

Division of Dean of Students Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC Irvine in March 2013.

Hiring committee consisted of approximately 8-10 mid-to-senior level employees. There was an agenda that was followed for consistency. Employee introduction to committee members followed by a round-table format of standardized questions approximately 2 per member. Questions closely adhered to job description, job priorities, job stability with only a few left field questions that could not be prepared in advance. Candidates that advanced were also expected to form a mock 5 minute presentation on a scenario.

Interview Questions
    • Left field questions: How/What would you do if (blank) crisis developed and there was no protocol in place?   View Answer

Crew Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at UC Irvine.

Interview process, asked questions about balancing time work school. Questions about own's weaknesses and strengths. Once hired, get a time card, get the Bren apparel and ID Card. Work hours are flexible. The older members teach the new members how to do things.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness is always the hardest question because there are so many. Second would be what is your strength since it is very subjective. Both questions can be easily answered but a lot of thought is put into it afterwards, reflecting upon your answers can make you a better person.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UC Irvine in July 2012.

I sent my academic resume to UCI through a funding agency. They liked the resume and called me for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • General question about my research interests and future plans.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UC Irvine in June 2012.

Prospective interviewees would submit their resume online. Approximately two to three weeks later, administration would call the students and schedule a panel interview lasting around 30-45 minutes long. In about one week, administration would call potential applicants for a second round of interviews. The final applicants would be hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would the student direct somebody who had trouble locating a particular building on campus? Many applicants are in their first year of college and don't know much about the geography.   Answer Question
    No negotiations available.