UC Riverside Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Went through initial phone screen, an afternoon of onsite interviews (multiple rounds of panel interviews), and then a final interview. I was informed that I was a finalist and that the next step was that UCR needed to do a reference check with my current supervisor. I let them know I was concerned with this step. I wanted to get some clarification to some of my questions first before giving the green light for them to speak to my current supervisor. I sent a detailed email to the recruiter with these questions. I spoke to the recruiter on the phone who said she was going to look into this and get back to me. Week after week passed by when the recruiter said that someone would be in touch. However, no one got back in touch with me. Weeks then passed when I received an email saying I am no longer being considered. The recruiter didn't even have the courtesy to give me a call to explain why the process had ended at this point. I wrote back in response to the email and asked if we could speak on the phone. She just explained that the hiring manager is "re-thinking" the role and is going in a different direction right now and that I'm no longer a candidate. Ultimately, I can't help but have the impression that they were no longer interested because I had posed my detailed questions. What else am I left to think after receiving very positive feedback for the last few months when the process unfolded and then all of a sudden, the process went dark after I posed my questions? It left me with a negative candidate experience at the end of the day. The entire experience was a four month deal. What a waste of such a long time period for this to have ended the way it did. It's even more of a shame that this type of negative experience was yielded for an HR leadership-related position/candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you had with redesigning organizational structure.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Through agency. Agency contacted me and informed me of the job and asked if interested. I was offered the interview through the agency after they reviewed my resume. I was scheduled within a couple of days and went in for an interview. The position was a temp to hire customer service.

Resident Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

the process was pretty smooth. You apply then you get interviewed by a panel of 2 people. Basic questions( tell me about yourself, why do you want to be an RA, etc). then you take a class which is like a 6 week interview. they then pick the best people in the class for the job. while your in the class make sure that you are outgoing and speak up don't blend in to the class.

Interview Questions

• the class was the most unexpected part. A lot of it was behavioral so they just want to see how you would respond to various situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. salary is set. free housing and and $100 stipend. each year you stay on staff you get a $50 increase to your stipend.

Postgraduate Researcher Interview

Interview

I was a graduate student in the university so I didn't get any interview and got an offer. The professor just asked me whether I want to continue my work in UCR. And I said yes. So I got the job.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

you will be interviewed by 2-3 office staff members at the same time; after the first round of interview, if they are interested at you, they will ask you to submit a small assignment related to the position.

Interview Questions

• have you followed our social media? If yes, list 2 things that you like about them and 2 things you dislike about them? If no, list 3 topics you want to post about UCR on our social media.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

One interview, two interviews. Relaxed sit down interview. Every question based off resume.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Talk to TA director in the department. If he/she likes you and there is a position available, then BINGO!

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

I applied for PhD admission in the dept of bioengineering in UCR. I followed the application instructions as was mentioned in the website of graduate division of UCR. I was selected for PhD admission with dean fellowship.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

panel interview with 6 committee members and then 1-1 interviews with additional members

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were difficult. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

through university website online application

Negotiation

can not really say much