UC Riverside Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.7

Resident Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UC Riverside.

the process was pretty smooth. You apply then you get interviewed by a panel of 2 people. Basic questions( tell me about yourself, why do you want to be an RA, etc). then you take a class which is like a 6 week interview. they then pick the best people in the class for the job. while your in the class make sure that you are outgoing and speak up don't blend in to the class.

Interview Questions
    • the class was the most unexpected part. A lot of it was behavioral so they just want to see how you would respond to various situations.   Answer Question
    there is no negotiation. salary is set. free housing and and $100 stipend. each year you stay on staff you get a $50 increase to your stipend.

Postgraduate Researcher Interview

I was a graduate student in the university so I didn't get any interview and got an offer. The professor just asked me whether I want to continue my work in UCR. And I said yes. So I got the job.

Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UC Riverside.

One interview, two interviews. Relaxed sit down interview. Every question based off resume.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Talk to TA director in the department. If he/she likes you and there is a position available, then BINGO!

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside.

I applied for PhD admission in the dept of bioengineering in UCR. I followed the application instructions as was mentioned in the website of graduate division of UCR. I was selected for PhD admission with dean fellowship.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside in November 2013.

panel interview with 6 committee members and then 1-1 interviews with additional members

Interview Questions
    • Most interview questions were difficult. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside.

through university website online application

can not really say much

Assistant Or Associate Director of Graduate Career Development Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UC Riverside in September 2013.

I received a called from the HR rep that they were interested in my resume/application. I was called in for an interview which consisted of a lunch interview, 2-person face-to-face interview, a 1-person interview, then another 2-person face-to-face interview followed by a 4-person panel interview. I was called a few days later for a second series of interviews; three 1-person interviews. I was told I was seriously being considered and that I would receive a call in a few days regardless if I was selected or not. I received a call...but was told that they decided to close the position with potential consideration next Spring.

Interview Questions
    • How do I plan on communicating with students who speak little/broken English?   View Answer

Laboratory Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC Riverside.

Applied online and a month later got called in for an interview. Panel interview with questions ranging from technical to the usual ones. Technical questions were numerous and involved techniques used in the position and general Biology terms.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prioritize if 2 managers give you different projects with the same deadline?   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Riverside in July 2013.

One question that was difficult for me was "please explain a difficult time and how you dealt with it under pressure and what did you do to resolve the situation.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest mistake and how did you handle it? What are three things that motivate you to come to work?”   Answer Question