UC Riverside Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015

2.7

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Through agency. Agency contacted me and informed me of the job and asked if interested. I was offered the interview through the agency after they reviewed my resume. I was scheduled within a couple of days and went in for an interview. The position was a temp to hire customer service.

Resident Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

the process was pretty smooth. You apply then you get interviewed by a panel of 2 people. Basic questions( tell me about yourself, why do you want to be an RA, etc). then you take a class which is like a 6 week interview. they then pick the best people in the class for the job. while your in the class make sure that you are outgoing and speak up don't blend in to the class.

Interview Questions

• the class was the most unexpected part. A lot of it was behavioral so they just want to see how you would respond to various situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. salary is set. free housing and and $100 stipend. each year you stay on staff you get a $50 increase to your stipend.

Postgraduate Researcher Interview

Interview

I was a graduate student in the university so I didn't get any interview and got an offer. The professor just asked me whether I want to continue my work in UCR. And I said yes. So I got the job.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

One interview, two interviews. Relaxed sit down interview. Every question based off resume.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Talk to TA director in the department. If he/she likes you and there is a position available, then BINGO!

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

I applied for PhD admission in the dept of bioengineering in UCR. I followed the application instructions as was mentioned in the website of graduate division of UCR. I was selected for PhD admission with dean fellowship.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

panel interview with 6 committee members and then 1-1 interviews with additional members

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions were difficult. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

through university website online application

Negotiation

can not really say much

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I received a called from the HR rep that they were interested in my resume/application. I was called in for an interview which consisted of a lunch interview, 2-person face-to-face interview, a 1-person interview, then another 2-person face-to-face interview followed by a 4-person panel interview. I was called a few days later for a second series of interviews; three 1-person interviews. I was told I was seriously being considered and that I would receive a call in a few days regardless if I was selected or not. I received a call...but was told that they decided to close the position with potential consideration next Spring.

Interview Questions

• How do I plan on communicating with students who speak little/broken English?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview

Applied online and a month later got called in for an interview. Panel interview with questions ranging from technical to the usual ones. Technical questions were numerous and involved techniques used in the position and general Biology terms.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize if 2 managers give you different projects with the same deadline?   Answer Question