UC Riverside Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.7

Postgraduate Researcher Interview

I was a graduate student in the university so I didn't get any interview and got an offer. The professor just asked me whether I want to continue my work in UCR. And I said yes. So I got the job.

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UC Riverside in April 2013.

Bring you in for an interview and three to four people usually ask you questions. They ask you about why you think you would make a good floor supervisor and then ask you a set of randomized questions that you respond to. Some of them are easy and some of them require thought but they are not unfair in anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had failed someone(s) that was depending on you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Flate rate. Student workers.

Office Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UC Riverside.

One interview, two interviews. Relaxed sit down interview. Every question based off resume.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Riverside in November 2013.

panel interview with 6 committee members and then 1-1 interviews with additional members

Interview Questions
    • Most interview questions were difficult. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Talk to TA director in the department. If he/she likes you and there is a position available, then BINGO!

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at UC Riverside.

I applied for PhD admission in the dept of bioengineering in UCR. I followed the application instructions as was mentioned in the website of graduate division of UCR. I was selected for PhD admission with dean fellowship.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UC Riverside.

through university website online application

can not really say much

Assistant Or Associate Director of Graduate Career Development Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UC Riverside in September 2013.

I received a called from the HR rep that they were interested in my resume/application. I was called in for an interview which consisted of a lunch interview, 2-person face-to-face interview, a 1-person interview, then another 2-person face-to-face interview followed by a 4-person panel interview. I was called a few days later for a second series of interviews; three 1-person interviews. I was told I was seriously being considered and that I would receive a call in a few days regardless if I was selected or not. I received a call...but was told that they decided to close the position with potential consideration next Spring.

Interview Questions
    • How do I plan on communicating with students who speak little/broken English?   View Answer

Human Resources Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Riverside in July 2013.

One question that was difficult for me was "please explain a difficult time and how you dealt with it under pressure and what did you do to resolve the situation.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest mistake and how did you handle it? What are three things that motivate you to come to work?”   Answer Question

Teacher's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Riverside in August 2012.

Being a TA at UC Riverside, specifically the engineering department, was a good experience that was fairly easy to get into. If you have a good enough GPA as an undergrad (3.5+) at an ABET accredited university and demonstrate financial need, then receiving a teacher's assistant position is not hardest in the slightest. Just a bit of paperwork and training is required to pursue this opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Going through the TA training. What classes do you feel qualified in teaching?   Answer Question

Worked for UC Riverside? Contribute to the Community!