UC Riverside

Relevance Date Difficulty

Floor Supervisor Interview

Floor Supervisor
Riverside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UC Riverside in April 2013.

Interview Details – Bring you in for an interview and three to four people usually ask you questions. They ask you about why you think you would make a good floor supervisor and then ask you a set of randomized questions that you respond to. Some of them are easy and some of them require thought but they are not unfair in anyway.

Interview Question – Name a time that you had failed someone(s) that was depending on you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Flate rate. Student workers.

Office Assistant Interview

Office Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview Details – One interview, two interviews. Relaxed sit down interview. Every question based off resume.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Career Counselor Interview

Career Counselor
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Riverside in November 2013.

Interview Details – panel interview with 6 committee members and then 1-1 interviews with additional members

Interview Question – Most interview questions were difficult. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant

Interviewed at UC Riverside

Interview Details – Talk to TA director in the department. If he/she likes you and there is a position available, then BINGO!

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Graduate Student Researcher
Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview Details – I applied for PhD admission in the dept of bioengineering in UCR. I followed the application instructions as was mentioned in the website of graduate division of UCR. I was selected for PhD admission with dean fellowship.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview Details – through university website online application

Negotiation Details – can not really say much

Assistant Or Associate Director of Graduate Career Development Center Interview

Assistant Or Associate Director of Graduate Career Development Center
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UC Riverside in September 2013.

Interview Details – I received a called from the HR rep that they were interested in my resume/application. I was called in for an interview which consisted of a lunch interview, 2-person face-to-face interview, a 1-person interview, then another 2-person face-to-face interview followed by a 4-person panel interview. I was called a few days later for a second series of interviews; three 1-person interviews. I was told I was seriously being considered and that I would receive a call in a few days regardless if I was selected or not. I received a call...but was told that they decided to close the position with potential consideration next Spring.

Interview Question – How do I plan on communicating with students who speak little/broken English?   View Answer

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Human Resources Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Riverside in July 2013.

Interview Details – One question that was difficult for me was "please explain a difficult time and how you dealt with it under pressure and what did you do to resolve the situation.

Interview Question – What was your biggest mistake and how did you handle it? What are three things that motivate you to come to work?”   Answer Question

Teacher's Assistant Interview

Teacher's Assistant
Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Riverside in August 2012.

Interview Details – Being a TA at UC Riverside, specifically the engineering department, was a good experience that was fairly easy to get into. If you have a good enough GPA as an undergrad (3.5+) at an ABET accredited university and demonstrate financial need, then receiving a teacher's assistant position is not hardest in the slightest. Just a bit of paperwork and training is required to pursue this opportunity.

Interview Question – Going through the TA training. What classes do you feel qualified in teaching?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UC Riverside in March 2010.

Interview Details – It is a little wired to talk about this interview right now. It happened 3 years ago. The hiring manager just asked a few questions about teaching experience. If you are a graduate student, there is no problem that you can do TA. And your English should be understandable.

Interview Question – Just ask a few questions about your teaching experience.   Answer Question

Worked for UC Riverside? Contribute to the Community!