UC Riverside Interview Questions in Riverside, CA

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside.

I applied for PhD admission in the dept of bioengineering in UCR. I followed the application instructions as was mentioned in the website of graduate division of UCR. I was selected for PhD admission with dean fellowship.

Career Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Riverside in November 2013.

panel interview with 6 committee members and then 1-1 interviews with additional members

Interview Questions
    • Most interview questions were difficult. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Assistant Or Associate Director of Graduate Career Development Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UC Riverside in September 2013.

I received a called from the HR rep that they were interested in my resume/application. I was called in for an interview which consisted of a lunch interview, 2-person face-to-face interview, a 1-person interview, then another 2-person face-to-face interview followed by a 4-person panel interview. I was called a few days later for a second series of interviews; three 1-person interviews. I was told I was seriously being considered and that I would receive a call in a few days regardless if I was selected or not. I received a call...but was told that they decided to close the position with potential consideration next Spring.

Interview Questions
    • How do I plan on communicating with students who speak little/broken English?   View Answer

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UC Riverside in April 2013.

Bring you in for an interview and three to four people usually ask you questions. They ask you about why you think you would make a good floor supervisor and then ask you a set of randomized questions that you respond to. Some of them are easy and some of them require thought but they are not unfair in anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had failed someone(s) that was depending on you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Flate rate. Student workers.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online – interviewed at UC Riverside.

I submitted my application, cover letter, and resume on their internal job site. I received a phone call asking if I would be available for an in-person interview. I interviewed with a panel of approximately 4-5 people (I forget how many exactly). One would be my immediate supervisor, the other would be a department head, someone in the same position, and a student.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard for the type of position, but from what I can remember, they asked me to describe a time when I had to make a decision without having all the information. Most of the questions were scenario-based.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UC Riverside in August 2012.

Got an email from school saying to apply for a research position at an off campus research facility. Director wanted to meet with me. Not much of an interview as I was told I already got the position.

Teacher's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Riverside in August 2012.

Being a TA at UC Riverside, specifically the engineering department, was a good experience that was fairly easy to get into. If you have a good enough GPA as an undergrad (3.5+) at an ABET accredited university and demonstrate financial need, then receiving a teacher's assistant position is not hardest in the slightest. Just a bit of paperwork and training is required to pursue this opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Going through the TA training. What classes do you feel qualified in teaching?   Answer Question

Solar Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Riverside in April 2011.

Very basic interview in front of two PIs. General behavioral questions and light technical questions. Mostly concerned with future plans and interest in research, little or no experience was required. You have the best chance if you are a good grad school applicant already.

Interview Questions
    • What most interests you in solar research and do you see yourself continuing in solar research in grad school?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, they have a rate and that is it. In the solar department pay is typically in the form of a grant which pays out quarterly.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Riverside in April 2011.

Had to complete a group assignment with others interviewing for the position. Then gave a group presentation to approx. 7 supervisors. Second interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel confronting someone not following the rules?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Assistant Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UC Riverside in January 2011.

There is a multi-layered process that includes various steps. Expect a lot of diversity driven initiatives. You will get interviewed by the full-time professional. It is a detailed process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle time when answering duty situations?   Answer Question