UC Riverside

Relevance Date Difficulty

Floor Supervisor Interview

Floor Supervisor
Riverside, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UC Riverside in April 2013.

Interview Details – Bring you in for an interview and three to four people usually ask you questions. They ask you about why you think you would make a good floor supervisor and then ask you a set of randomized questions that you respond to. Some of them are easy and some of them require thought but they are not unfair in anyway.

Interview Question – Name a time that you had failed someone(s) that was depending on you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Flate rate. Student workers.

Very Difficult Interview

Career Counselor Interview

Career Counselor
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Riverside in November 2013.

Interview Details – panel interview with 6 committee members and then 1-1 interviews with additional members

Interview Question – Most interview questions were difficult. mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Graduate Student Researcher
Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at UC Riverside.

Interview Details – I applied for PhD admission in the dept of bioengineering in UCR. I followed the application instructions as was mentioned in the website of graduate division of UCR. I was selected for PhD admission with dean fellowship.

Assistant Or Associate Director of Graduate Career Development Center Interview

Assistant Or Associate Director of Graduate Career Development Center
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UC Riverside in September 2013.

Interview Details – I received a called from the HR rep that they were interested in my resume/application. I was called in for an interview which consisted of a lunch interview, 2-person face-to-face interview, a 1-person interview, then another 2-person face-to-face interview followed by a 4-person panel interview. I was called a few days later for a second series of interviews; three 1-person interviews. I was told I was seriously being considered and that I would receive a call in a few days regardless if I was selected or not. I received a call...but was told that they decided to close the position with potential consideration next Spring.

Interview Question – How do I plan on communicating with students who speak little/broken English?   View Answer

Teacher's Assistant Interview

Teacher's Assistant
Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Riverside in August 2012.

Interview Details – Being a TA at UC Riverside, specifically the engineering department, was a good experience that was fairly easy to get into. If you have a good enough GPA as an undergrad (3.5+) at an ABET accredited university and demonstrate financial need, then receiving a teacher's assistant position is not hardest in the slightest. Just a bit of paperwork and training is required to pursue this opportunity.

Interview Question – Going through the TA training. What classes do you feel qualified in teaching?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UC Riverside in March 2010.

Interview Details – It is a little wired to talk about this interview right now. It happened 3 years ago. The hiring manager just asked a few questions about teaching experience. If you are a graduate student, there is no problem that you can do TA. And your English should be understandable.

Interview Question – Just ask a few questions about your teaching experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Supervisor Interview

Administrative Specialist Supervisor
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at UC Riverside in February 2009.

Interview Details – The process took 3 months before I even received a phone call. Then there were two interviews with 7 committee members. I received a call 2 months after that and was offered the job.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. They were just general interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Assistant Resident Director Interview

Assistant Resident Director
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Riverside in January 2011.

Interview Details – There is a multi-layered process that includes various steps. Expect a lot of diversity driven initiatives. You will get interviewed by the full-time professional. It is a detailed process.

Interview Question – How would you handle time when answering duty situations?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst II Interview

Programmer Analyst II
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UC Riverside in July 2009.

Interview Details – This is more of a wait than it is a process. You might get hired and then MONTHS later get a call to work. So embrace waiting for sure. Most people here seem to know someone else to get into the place they work.

Interview Question – Typical questions, they pretty much either like you or not. Not techincal based even if the say it is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They suck on this level also. I didnt realize they will FIGHT for you if they KNOW you otherwise you will never get pass that initial pay band. Fight for it or leave to be honest.

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Graduate Student Researcher
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UC Riverside in December 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted application online. Acceptance was notified by mail.

Interview Question – Writing previous experience in SOP   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UC Riverside? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UC Riverside interview questions and advice in Riverside, CA. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by UC Riverside employees and interview candidates.