UC San Diego

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.6

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

it went very very fast. i was already a grad student here in the same lab. just had to sign a piece of paper and then i was a postdoc

Student Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC San Diego.

The interview consisted of straightforward questions that assessed the interviewee's response to hypothetical work situations/problems and a quick explanation of previous work experience. While, the overall hiring process took a little than a week as there was an orientation going over the pay cycle and policies, in addition to paper work to sign. The overall process was not difficult at all.

Staff Research Associate Interview

It was fun and not to hard at all. you can apply thought the pros. if you already know some of the guys, it definite a plus. so get started now

Residential Dining Food Service Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UC San Diego.

The first step is to apply online. Then, when there are spots that need to be filled, they contact potential employees via e-mail. There is one group interview in which the heads of all the dining services facilities meet with three interviewers. Within a week, they make the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Describe when you have experienced bad customer service and explain what should have been done instead.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC San Diego.

It was fairly easy. The person emailed me late in the evening, and was very helpful. Interview went on for 30 min, and it was mostly basic casual talk. The interviewer told me about some questions but didnt ask me

None

Food Service Worker Interview

applied online, waited for couple weeks, and got a phone call, It was a group interview, about 4-5 people in a group. 3 interviewers. Questions are not hard, you dont even need experience, but preferred. A week later, I got a call telling me I'm accepted.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

There wasn't an interview process. Their hiring decision was based on the online application. Typically you go online and follow through their application process, fill out the required information and submit an application fee. Afterwards, the hiring committee send their decision based on your statement of purpose and prior experience.

Interview Questions
    • The statement of purpose was the hardest part of the application.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase, you are given a fixed package.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I contacted professors saying I was interested in applying for a fellowship to work in their lab. I came out for an on-site interview and then worked on the proposal back at my home institution. I asked whether they would support me even if I did not get the fellowship and I was promised 1-2 years of support, so I took the offer, and ended up getting a fellowship that provided three years of funding.

Interview Questions
    • are you interested in solving crystal structures?   View Answer

ER Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UC San Diego.

I had one interview. Very nice interviewers who were down to earth. Those two people no longer are involved in the hiring process, as they have moved positions. They asked basic questions, nothing too complicated. They value the ability to multitask well and to be on your feet all day.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly basic. I asked them what skills that they value/look for and that seemed to impress them and allowed me to say "I have that!"   Answer Question
    I called every few days until they gave me an answer. At first, they said I wasn't accepted because they thought I wasn't leaving my previous job. That wasn't actually the case, so I ended up getting hired.

UCSD IR/PS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at UC San Diego.

no interview, respond to an ad online, process some emails. They're desperate

Interview Questions
    Here's the offer, take it or leave it