UC San Diego

Relevance Date Difficulty

Box Office Senior Event Manager Interview

Box Office Senior Event Manager
La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UC San Diego in October 2010.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one with general manager of UCSD Box Office, and one with head of the entire student affairs department. Both interviews took around half an hour, and required essentially experience with management/a skill they can utilize for something else, i.e. website.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a customer who just won't say no to your company policy, without asking a manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at UC San Diego.

Interview Details – Got contacted via email about an interview opportunity and had one via skype since I was out of the country. Typical interview questions about how you would handle situations in an office and previous work experience.

Interview Question – What would you do if you came into the office when it wasn't your shift but saw that your co-worker was struggling to deal with a long line?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Operations Assistant

Interviewed at UC San Diego

Interview Details – Phone Interview. Resume Submission. The Standard protocol.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you multi-tasked   Answer Question

College Ambassador Interview

College Ambassador
La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UC San Diego in November 2010.

Interview Details – Group Interview
-Everyone is asked to give an individual introduction of themselves as they might do while giving a tour
-Next asked to describe a feature of the school (housing and dining, academics etc)
-Last is a situational question

Interview Question – Situational question "A mother on you tour asks you: 'I hear when kids come to college they drink alcohol and have sex.' How would you respond to her question?"   Answer Question

ESL Instructor Interview

ESL Instructor

Interviewed at UC San Diego

Interview Details – I had to submit my transcripts along with a lesson plan and fill out the on line application. The interview was informal and mostly just small talk.

Interview Question – What would make you a better teacher?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer you the job right away but you don't know what your hours will be like

Fiscal Assistant Interview

Fiscal Assistant
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC San Diego in May 2012.

Interview Details – one interview with three executives

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

Interview Details – -telephone interview
-question on experience, background, urgent care, passion for counseling center work
-will ask about your fit with rotations
-6 postdocs are accepted
-will call to offer position

Interview Question – Ask about your fit with the different rotations offered   Answer Question

Swim Instructor Interview

Swim Instructor
La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UC San Diego in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy and simple questions.

Interview Question – Hardest challenge I have had.
How to handle parents vs kids that I teach
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Development Interview

Development
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at UC San Diego in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process took over six months

Interview Question – None, just the process was inefficient and stressful   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager
La Jolla, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UC San Diego.

Interview Details – Interview process was easy, but long and drawn out.

Interview Question – What do you think makes a good manager?   Answer Question