UC San Diego

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.6

Temporary Employment Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC San Diego in June 2013.

After submitting my resume for multiple TES listings, I was contacted to set up an interview. This consisted of a fairly typical ~30min interview (focusing on administrative skills in my case) followed by a software skills test which took about an hour. It tests for proficiency in Word, Excel, and includes a typing test. At this point they run a back ground check (including a live scan). I came in about a week later for a group orientation, and then it was a waiting game for them to get a position that lined up with my skill set. So far I have only been placed once, and it took about 2 weeks for them to have something for me.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview for me had to be the Excel proficiency test. I had always thought of myself as fairly well versed in Excel, and had taken a course on it several years ago and used semi-frequently in previous jobs. I did not expect it to be so in-depth, and they are looking for you to know shortcuts, as they are judging how quickly you can manuever the program as well.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for Temporary Employment Services.

Student Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UC San Diego.

Got contacted via email about an interview opportunity and had one via skype since I was out of the country. Typical interview questions about how you would handle situations in an office and previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you came into the office when it wasn't your shift but saw that your co-worker was struggling to deal with a long line?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Phone Interview. Resume Submission. The Standard protocol.

ESL Instructor Interview

I had to submit my transcripts along with a lesson plan and fill out the on line application. The interview was informal and mostly just small talk.

Interview Questions
    They offer you the job right away but you don't know what your hours will be like

Student Involvement Leadership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC San Diego in May 2013.

- Group interview, make sure you get your points in on how and why you would be a great asset to the team

Interview Questions
    • - There will be a mock group effort project that changes for every interview. Have quick wits and use teamwork to succeed.   Answer Question
    - You go through Fall training retreat

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC San Diego in May 2013.

normally student filled position with high turnover rate. boring and not too stressful, except for not being able to sit or relax very much during downtime. not much activity during the summer, but good pocket money.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, they had all the hiring power

Assistant Project Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UC San Diego in May 2013.

email with P.I in charge, then had a phone interview and went to visit the lab. stay for a full day in the lab and spoke with all lab members then we went for dinner at night

got the offer the day after my interview

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, paid according to NIH scale

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

-telephone interview
    -question on experience, background, urgent care, passion for counseling center work
    -will ask about your fit with rotations
    -6 postdocs are accepted
    -will call to offer position

Interview Questions
    • Ask about your fit with the different rotations offered   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC San Diego.

Interview process was easy, but long and drawn out.

Setup and Field Lining Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC San Diego.

The interview process is relatively straight forward. I would say it was not too difficult and kept a laid back attitude. It is important to reference skills of working on multiple projects simultaneously. The actual hiring process can take a while for all of the paperwork to go through so be patient. The training with the initial hiring can be tiresome.