UC San Diego

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Research Associate II Interview

Staff Research Associate II
La Jolla, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at UC San Diego in October 2010.

Interview Details – It completely depends on the PI, if you're trying to work in the research field. They will more than likely contact you directly through email and set up a 1:1. If it's a staff job, this is usually pretty casual. They just want to make sure you're not inept and you're excited about the position. They'll also show you around the lab and introduce you to everyone who studies/works there. Their approval is important, as well. Make sure you ask a lot of questions about the position; a lot of times the job description will be very different from what you will actually end up doing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate for much higher pay, but due to UC rules, I had to stay at my previous pay that was 15% less than what my PI wanted to pay me. Thanks a lot, UC.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at UC San Diego

Worked for UC San Diego? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UC San Diego Staff Research Associate II interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by UC San Diego employees and interview candidates.