UC San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The phone screening questions were very straight forward. They asked basic questions like tell me about yourself and what are your strengths and weaknesses. There were no trick questions and the interviewer was very friendly.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed by the PI regarding my past research experiences and general personality questions. After the PI interview, I got to meet other people in the lab to see what kind of chemistry I had with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a kind of hardship you had to overcome to get to where you are now in life. What do you want to do in the future? Do you feel lucky in life? Tell me about a time you had a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Staff Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

They seem nice but behind the door is depend on who is favorable. Some of the coworker will be watching you and bring all thing about you to the supervisor to get credit. The supervisor will treat you depend on who give the best treat to her. You will never need to see the PI.

Interview Questions

• They don't even have much knowledge about it. So not really difficult question at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will say they are very flexible cause they don't really about the job. so you will be fine. Easy job and easy to get money.

Analyst I Interview

Interview

Applied online through their website. I got a call a few days later and scheduled an interview the following week. First interview went fine and got scheduled for a follow up.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The time it took from my initial contact with the division chief to my offer was 6 months. Interview day started with a 1-hour job talk attended by the majority of the faculty and fellows in the division. Met with approximately 8 faculty members throughout the day, culminating with a meeting with the division chief.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straight-forward, including those related to my research and potential collaborations.   Answer Question

Administrative Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Worked there as temporary employee for one week. Was asked to apply for the administrative analyst position. No one had been able to fill that position for 6 years. I interviewed with the 2 people i was going to support.

Interview Questions

• One of my interviewers told me that he couldn't even imagine doing my job and didn't know why anyone would choose a support role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered $36,000. I countered with $80,000 as my desired salary. I got $58,000.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

One two-hour interview with at least two people in the room at the same time. Few stayed, while most others came and went. There were a few months duration between getting an interview to actually starting the position. Several steps included a background check and onboarding.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this opening?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

postdoc candidate will be interviewed by the PI of a lab and several lab members individually. Candidate will also need to give a talk followed by Q and A section. PI may give an offer directly if you are great. PI will ask you to write a fellowship before coming to the lab if you are good.

Interview Questions

• People asked many different questions that you will never be able to prepared. But the way to reply, regardless of knowing the answer or not, will be critical. One has to be mature enough to be a good scientist. Scientist does not know all the answers, but they can propose feasible way to approach the answers.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant II Interview

Interview

Be prepared and have a thorough knowledge of your past experiences

Interview Questions

• Describe what projects, other than yours, in your previous labs you were most interested in and why?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

Straightforward, phone interview with a recruiter, followed by in-person with direct manager. Friendly, job-related questions

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about how to do a specific task in the job   Answer Question