UCB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Payroll Manager Interview

Payroll Manager
Smyrna, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UCB in February 2009.

Interview Details – UCB uses a practice called targeted selection. Candidates should be aware of sample interview questions so they aren't caught off guard. These questions can be difficult. UCB also has a very long interview process. Candidates can be asked to come in numerous times and still not get the job. Candidates should also ask for a signing bonus as this is a general expectation with UCB.

Interview Question – Questions about family or marital status.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward. It's a take it or leave it company.

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCB in August 2010.

Interview Details – Professional

Interview Question – None too difficult   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Desktop Support Analyst
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UCB in October 2009.

Interview Details – You will be contacted by a contract agency representing UCB. You will be asked to go to an interview where you will want to dress in a suit and tie. You will receive a schedule from those whom you will be working with and whom you will be interviewing with. Each person will discuss different topics lasting anywhere from 15-30 minutes (or more if they like you and have time).

The decision will usually be made within a day or two and you will be contacted very shortly after that.

Interview Question – Some of the technical questions will throw you a bit. Such as, "What are your thoughts on mobile technology in the near future?", "Describe in detail a situation where a user you were helping was rude and you came out making the happy.", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation phase. The contract agency will tell you how much they are willing to pay and that's pretty much it.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UCB in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process included a phone screen followed by 2 rounds of in-office interviews. Both in-office interviews required 4-5 hour time blocks to accommodate multiple strings of interviews. Interview questions were not overly difficult: most were simply conversations and basic probing to ensure my marketing expertise.

Interview Question – For the marketing role, questions were much more personality based: the hardest asking for specific examples where insight, strategy, tactics, and metrics aligned for a successful marketing execution in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was basically OFF the table.

Business Analyst, Contract Interview

Smyrna, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCB in February 2012.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from the recruiter for an accessment of my qualifications. Later, on the same day, I spoke with the hiring manager who seemed very interested in meeting me in person.
I interviewed 2 weeks later with the hiring manager and another director. I met with the recruiter on the same day of the interview.
A week later I was informed that they went with another candidate.
The company seems to be a great company. Their benefits package was great and competitive. The people were nice and I have no complain.

Interview Question – How does your past experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at UCB in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied directly to UCB and was given a date for a on-site interview. I was interviewed by 2 of the senior scientists in the group and given a lab tour by another one of the group memebers. The interview itself was relatively relaxed, I was asked about my qualifications and why I was suitable for the job. Following this I was asked to come in for another interview with the group leader and then HR. The group leader focussed a lot on technical details and wanted to check my aptitude for the job. The HR interview was more of a Q&A.

Visual Merchandising Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UCB in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was a very short interview..

Interview Question – when will i come and join   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Clinical Trial Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UCB in December 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a total of 12 people and had to take two days off work at my current job in addition to two phone interviews. My biggest complaint about the process was that it was indicated to me that I had the job and they were deciding where to place as far as teams were concerned and then there was no offer. I felt like the process was a waste of time.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions?   View Answer

Scientist Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at UCB in February 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a full day, with several 1:1 interviews, a presentation on my past research ( to a ~10 people crowd) and an interview with a HR person. The HR interview went deep into my background and the reason I made every decision in my career. He also try to get a good idea of my personality and collegiality. Come prepared for a long exhausting behavioral interview!

The planning was very good and people seemed to get along very well. The research site is too far from the city.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from your n+1?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a colleague. Give me another example. Give me another example.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UCB? Contribute to the Community!

UCB Videos

UCB – Why Work for Us?

UCB, Brussels, Belgium is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines and solutions to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases of the immune… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCB interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by UCB employees and interview candidates.