UCB Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.9

Drug Safety Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCB (Smyrna, GA).

Interview

Applied through a recruiter then phone interview then site interview all within two weeks. Phone interview covered the general/common questions and was not bad at all. Site interview was with three different interviewers, and it was as enjoyable as it was informative. There was a fair amount of behavioral questions asked. After the interview, they sent me over to HR to meet with a benefits person who went over all the benefits the company offered.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical work week for drug safety associate position?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at UCB in March 2015.

Interview

All interviews were within 24-48 hours, very little regard for anyone's time. Lots of urgency supposedly in the hiring process with UCB managers never come close to following the timeline given to interviewees. Absolutely NO return emails or phone calls returned. Just when you assume to be out of the running, you will get another "urgent" interview to then be left swinging in the wind again.

Interview Questions

• very unstructured interview, more about WHO you know than what you have done.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UCB (Smyrna, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Well organized. The process was handled quickly and it was a very transparent process. Was able to talk to multiple people in the organization. Interviewers were fair but tough during the process. Enjoyed meeting good people from multiple backgrounds. A good company and worth taking a look.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCB (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process included a phone screen followed by 2 rounds of in-office interviews. Both in-office interviews required 4-5 hour time blocks to accommodate multiple strings of interviews. Interview questions were not overly difficult: most were simply conversations and basic probing to ensure my marketing expertise.

Interview Questions

• For the marketing role, questions were much more personality based: the hardest asking for specific examples where insight, strategy, tactics, and metrics aligned for a successful marketing execution in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was basically OFF the table.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCB (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Targeted Selection (behavioral questions). Phone interviewed with the in-house recruiter, travel arrangements were made for on site visit. Interviewed with a team of five individually plus two additional phone interviews. After completing that round came back for second full day of interviews. Two weeks later an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with difficult employees and personalities?   Answer Question

Business Analyst, Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCB (Smyrna, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got a phone call from the recruiter for an accessment of my qualifications. Later, on the same day, I spoke with the hiring manager who seemed very interested in meeting me in person. I interviewed 2 weeks later with the hiring manager and another director. I met with the recruiter on the same day of the interview. A week later I was informed that they went with another candidate. The company seems to be a great company. Their benefits package was great and competitive. The people were nice and I have no complain.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCB (Raleigh, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

Professional

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UCB (Raleigh, NC) in October 2009.

Interview

You will be contacted by a contract agency representing UCB. You will be asked to go to an interview where you will want to dress in a suit and tie. You will receive a schedule from those whom you will be working with and whom you will be interviewing with. Each person will discuss different topics lasting anywhere from 15-30 minutes (or more if they like you and have time). The decision will usually be made within a day or two and you will be contacted very shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• Some of the technical questions will throw you a bit. Such as, "What are your thoughts on mobile technology in the near future?", "Describe in detail a situation where a user you were helping was rude and you came out making the happy.", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation phase. The contract agency will tell you how much they are willing to pay and that's pretty much it.

Payroll Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCB (Smyrna, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

UCB uses a practice called targeted selection. Candidates should be aware of sample interview questions so they aren't caught off guard. These questions can be difficult. UCB also has a very long interview process. Candidates can be asked to come in numerous times and still not get the job. Candidates should also ask for a signing bonus as this is a general expectation with UCB.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straightforward. It's a take it or leave it company.

Compliance Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UCB.

Interview

Been through a few rounds of interviews, people I work with seem friendly. However the whole system is lack of common rules and people dont know what they are doing and why they are doing it.

Interview Questions

Not the place I wanted to be as I found out.