UCB Interview Questions

3.2

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UCB (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process included a phone screen followed by 2 rounds of in-office interviews. Both in-office interviews required 4-5 hour time blocks to accommodate multiple strings of interviews. Interview questions were not overly difficult: most were simply conversations and basic probing to ensure my marketing expertise.

Interview Questions

• For the marketing role, questions were much more personality based: the hardest asking for specific examples where insight, strategy, tactics, and metrics aligned for a successful marketing execution in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was basically OFF the table.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UCB (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Targeted Selection (behavioral questions). Phone interviewed with the in-house recruiter, travel arrangements were made for on site visit. Interviewed with a team of five individually plus two additional phone interviews. After completing that round came back for second full day of interviews. Two weeks later an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with difficult employees and personalities?   Answer Question

Business Analyst, Contract Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UCB (Smyrna, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got a phone call from the recruiter for an accessment of my qualifications. Later, on the same day, I spoke with the hiring manager who seemed very interested in meeting me in person.
    I interviewed 2 weeks later with the hiring manager and another director. I met with the recruiter on the same day of the interview.
    A week later I was informed that they went with another candidate.
    The company seems to be a great company. Their benefits package was great and competitive. The people were nice and I have no complain.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCB (Raleigh, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

Professional

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UCB (Raleigh, NC) in October 2009.

Interview

You will be contacted by a contract agency representing UCB. You will be asked to go to an interview where you will want to dress in a suit and tie. You will receive a schedule from those whom you will be working with and whom you will be interviewing with. Each person will discuss different topics lasting anywhere from 15-30 minutes (or more if they like you and have time).

The decision will usually be made within a day or two and you will be contacted very shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• Some of the technical questions will throw you a bit. Such as, "What are your thoughts on mobile technology in the near future?", "Describe in detail a situation where a user you were helping was rude and you came out making the happy.", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation phase. The contract agency will tell you how much they are willing to pay and that's pretty much it.

Payroll Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UCB (Smyrna, GA) in February 2009.

Interview

UCB uses a practice called targeted selection. Candidates should be aware of sample interview questions so they aren't caught off guard. These questions can be difficult. UCB also has a very long interview process. Candidates can be asked to come in numerous times and still not get the job. Candidates should also ask for a signing bonus as this is a general expectation with UCB.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straightforward. It's a take it or leave it company.

Visual Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UCB (Chennai (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

I was a very short interview..

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UCB (Mexico City (Mexico)) in January 2012.

Interview

1.- The Human Resources recruiter contacted me via Linkedin message.
    2.- One on one interview with Human Resources recruiter.
    3.- One on one interview with Human Resources Director.
    4.- One on one interview with Senior Financial Analyst.
    5.- One on one interview with Finance Director.
    6.- One on one interview with General Manager.

Interview Questions

• It was merely behavioral questions. For example: tell us how how you reacted when you faced a problem? Main strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. Got an 18% increase on base salary compared with first proposal.

Clinical Trial Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UCB in December 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with a total of 12 people and had to take two days off work at my current job in addition to two phone interviews. My biggest complaint about the process was that it was indicated to me that I had the job and they were deciding where to place as far as teams were concerned and then there was no offer. I felt like the process was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at UCB in February 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of a full day, with several 1:1 interviews, a presentation on my past research ( to a ~10 people crowd) and an interview with a HR person. The HR interview went deep into my background and the reason I made every decision in my career. He also try to get a good idea of my personality and collegiality. Come prepared for a long exhausting behavioral interview!

The planning was very good and people seemed to get along very well. The research site is too far from the city.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from your n+1?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a colleague. Give me another example. Give me another example.   1 Answer