UCLA

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Specialist
UCLA, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UCLA in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired by a temp agency for a 2 month assignment.

Interview Question – They asked me the website address and to interpret acronyms that I was unaware of during the interview. They also tested me on a type of software they use in the office.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist
UCLA, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

Interview Details – Weirdest interview ever. Wore a suit with tie to the interview and was told to never do that again. Was insulted by one of the 4 interviewers - later I was told that she wanted her friend to get the job!

Interview Question – How do you feel about being insulted over the phone?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more than what they offer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCLA in June 2011.

Interview Details – They want you to stay as long as possible. Say that you plan to stay here for 5+ years and you'll get hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How long do you plan to stay here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Phone call.

Westwood, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UCLA in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in early January, received a call two weeks later to come in for an interview. Day of the interview sat down with two people, then met with another personal seperately. Was then offered the job the very next day. Very quick process and nice people.

Interview Question – Tell me one last thing that will make me want to hire you....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took a bit of a pay cut from previous job, but opportunity is better. I was able to negotiate a little to an amount that i am comfortable with.

Interviews for Top Jobs at UCLA

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCLA Administrative Specialist interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by UCLA employees and interview candidates.