Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at UCLA
- Graduate Student Researcher (8)
- Research Assistant (5)
- Administrative Assistant (5)
- Graduate Student (4)
- Administrative Specialist (4)
- Resident Assistant (4)
- Postdoctoral Researcher (4)
- Postdoctoral Scholar (4)
- Work Study Student (3)
- Marketing (3)
- Assistant Researcher (3)
- Administrative Assistant III (3)
- Teaching Assistant (2)
- Student Assistant (2)
- Lab Assistant (2)
- Ph D Student (2)
- Staff Research Associate (2)
- Accounts Payable (2)
- Administrative Analyst (2)
- Graduate Research Assistant (2)
- Technician (2)
- Senior Clerk (2)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate (2)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (1)
- Researcher (1)
- Research Associate (1)
- Computer Support Technician (1)
- Development (1)
- Development Assistant (1)
- Development Coordinator (1)
Administrative Specialist Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA (UCLA, CA) in November 2013.
I was hired by a temp agency for a 2 month assignment.
- They asked me the website address and to interpret acronyms that I was unaware of during the interview. They also tested me on a type of software they use in the office. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for UCLA
Administrative Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (UCLA, CA).
Weirdest interview ever. Wore a suit with tie to the interview and was told to never do that again. Was insulted by one of the 4 interviewers - later I was told that she wanted her friend to get the job!
- How do you feel about being insulted over the phone? 1 Answer
Ask for more than what they offer
Administrative Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Westwood, CA) in January 2012.
Applied in early January, received a call two weeks later to come in for an interview. Day of the interview sat down with two people, then met with another personal seperately. Was then offered the job the very next day. Very quick process and nice people.
- Tell me one last thing that will make me want to hire you.... Answer Question
Took a bit of a pay cut from previous job, but opportunity is better. I was able to negotiate a little to an amount that i am comfortable with.
Administrative Specialist InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.
They want you to stay as long as possible. Say that you plan to stay here for 5+ years and you'll get hired on the spot.
- How long do you plan to stay here? 1 Answer