UCLA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at UCLA in April 2010.

Interview Details – This required applying to the PhD program, so while there was not an interview process, per se, to be accepted into a PhD program entails talking with various professors about how your research interests match up with theirs, which sort of turn out to be informal interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to do a PhD program?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would talk to the professor who is making you the offer and be honest about other offers you might have. Then talk to them as well and see if you can get ahold of someone who may have good advice for you in terms of deciding.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant

Interviewed at UCLA

Interview Details – Depending on department, this can be smooth as glass or a frustrating waiting game.

Interview Question – I've never been asked a question directly, but after hire, I was expected to do a number of menial tasks, and it's unclear what sort of requests from faculty are out of line.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!