UCLA Health

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Coordinator - Epic Interview

UCLA, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview Details – This was a series of four interviews beginning with the hiring manager, then the project team, a standardized soft-skills test and the department's vice president. The interviewing process was very straightforward and I felt very comfortable with the conversations I had, even at the VP level. My best advice for interviews with UCLA Health IT is to be yourself and respond with genuine answers. They seem to value that quite a bit. Another thing: BE PATIENT!!! This is a large company and the interviewing process will take months.

Interview Question – All of the questions during the standardized soft-skills test   View Answer

Reason for Declining – HR wanted to move too fast with the re-location. I had one week to find a place to live after re-locating 2,000 miles and the hiring process wouldn't have even been completed until after I had started the job. In other words, I could have re-located to find myself out of a job stuck in the middle of Beverly Hills, CA because of some HR issue. Frankly, my credit is not good and the credit check was not going to complete until after I had started my job.

Very Easy Interview

Staff Research Associate I Interview

Staff Research Associate I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCLA Health in March 2012.

Interview Details – The lab was desperate to hire someone right away, so to get around a lot of buerocracy, they hired me in a 6 month 'temp' position and then had me apply for a permanent position later

Interview Question – When are you planning to go back to school?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, all salaries are set per position title.

EHR Applications Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview Details – i applied online, it was within 2 days I got an email to set up a phone interview.
They called I interviewed on the phone, and than they ask me to come in for in-depth interview, with 3 panel interview. First interview was with managers, second one was the team i would work with, and third was with dept. Executive.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of questiong specifically related to the Epic software, where to go to do few things? How many different ways can you do the same things?
Full implementation process? Live example of previous Epic implementation, and what you learned from it?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't meet my salary range.

Physician Interview

Physician

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UCLA Health in December 2010.

Interview Details – Not much- I had trained in system- very perfunctory questions.

Interview Question – How long do you think you will be staying with us?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Budget Analyst Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UCLA Health in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initially, the prospective department calls you to schedule a group interview. After successful completion, they call once again for a 1:1 in person interview to meet with the principal investigator (PI). If you are selected for the position, the lab manager calls you within the week. The process usually takes around 1-2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Since it's an office job they want to make sure you are smart, flexible and likeable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After going through 2 interview rounds, the lab manager called regarding the job offer.

Lab Assistant II Interview

Lab Assistant II
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA Health in November 2010.

Interview Details – 2 parts of interview

first part was done by HR of the dept, then 2nd part was done by PI and post docs. it went pretty well.

Interview Question – how do you cope with stress?   Answer Question

Principal Trainer EHR Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA Health in August 2011.

Interview Details – You will be submitted to a committee via the HR Department. Many recruiting vendors are submitting candidates.

Interview Question – Depending on which part of the project you are being hired to work, you must be able to speak accurately to past writings, trainings, and actual processes in the software.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Standard process - we both had a mutual number and came to terms quickly. I was hired the following day and then the longer process was the background check, health check, and verifying my certifications.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Administrative Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview Details – very detailed, long process.

Negotiation Details – there wasn't anything to negotiate

Senior LVN Interview

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview Details – Applied online around mid January, got a phone call to schedule a phone interview about 2 weeks later for the next week.
Phone interview (first week February), then got a phone call to schedule an in-person interview for end of February.
Did not hear back until April, months of communicating through email and filling out forms; went to get pre-employment physical/TB test/LiveScan done in August; got official offer in September, started job in October.

Interview Question – Most questions were situational, ie, how you would handle certain situations that arise with patients and coworkers.   Answer Question

Student Affairs Officer III Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UCLA Health in January 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a brief phone interview. The second interview was with three staff members in a relaxed setting and felt relatively informal with no tough questions. The third interview was with 6 people, including a Dean, and was held in a conference/seminar room.

Interview Question – If you were to formulate a research question on any subject, what would the question be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was tough as the HR Department stated that no negotiation was possible. I tried a second time and was able to negotiate a bit.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UCLA Health? Contribute to the Community!

UCLA Health Videos

UCLA Health – Why Work for Us?

​​For more than half a century, UCLA Health has provided the best in healthcare and the latest in medical technology to the people of Los Angeles and throughout the world. Comprised of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UCLA Health interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by UCLA Health employees and interview candidates.