UCLA Health Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UCLA Health in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on the UCLA website. It took approximately 2 weeks for the supervisor to call me and schedule a one on one interview. It was a very pleasant interview more like a conversation to get to know about you.

Interview Questions

• Are you good working by yourself or with others? Describe yourself in 3 words?   Answer Question

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, interview by panel, personality tests online, plus interview with both HR and Hiring Manager. The Panel can be brutal is you're not prepared. So, be prepared and review as much of your fundamentals and advanced administration tasks as possible.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions related to Linux Systems administration.   1 Answer
    • Any experiences outside Linux OS administration is helpful.   1 Answer

Senior Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview

Online then in person. Spoke to a panel of supervisors then spoke to a team of co-workers. The supervisors seemed relaxed where as the technician's/ lower level co-workers seemed very stressed.

Interview Questions

• Where will you go to lunch?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very slow interview process. Submitted my application online in October. The telephonic interview took place in January. Thereafter, I was asked to come in for an additional 3 rounds of interviews. After the last interview, it took another 2 months before I heard back from the contact person. The total interview process took over 4 months and by that time, I had accepted an offer from another company.

LVN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview

Very involved. Had multiple tests and interviews with various 1:1 and panel interviewers. Multiple tests from computer knowledge to nursing questions. I had to drive to different offices for the different hiring processes and usually had to pay for parking out of my pocket.

Negotiation

Multiple interviews with various departments

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview

Lengthy and rigorous. Expect to complete multiple phone and in-person panel interviews which can potentially require a full day attendance at the interview location. Give yourself time to navigate through the campus to arrive on time at your interview.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult is the informal approach to the interviews. Unable to prepare for informality.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview

-Applied online and was called by recruiter
    -In-person interview. The recruiter asked about previous work experience, why I wanted to work at UCLA, and what my ultimate career goals are.
    -Computer program/typing test following interview
    -Background check/drug screening/physical
    -Accepted job about 1 week after interview

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you experienced at work and how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UCLA Health (Westwood, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online to 2 identical openings, took about 6 weeks to get a call for my 1st interview; the 2nd interview followed one week later. Friendly department, great interviews, no trick questions. I am hopeful to move forward in the interview process which will include: a livescan fingerprint/background check through FBI & Dept of Justice, 5 references (MUST have 3 managers out of the 5) must complete an online skills survey via email, then "Talent + " behavioral telephone interview for about an hour. If hired, will require a physical exam and (I believe) a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions for me - questions were straight forward, asking me about my previous project experience, my own design aesthetic, job skills, etc. I feel they are a group not interested in "zombie apocalypse scenario" type questions, but rather seeing if I am a good fit for the job and the group. I found it very down to earth. Lots of steps to go through but in my view, very much worth it!!   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview

Strenuous due to the multiple steps involved. But given UCLA's prestige seems adequate. Just keep reserve time after your interview to complete the hiring process, which includes a few tests.

Clinical Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UCLA Health in October 2014.

Interview

Took a while to get the interview but once I did it went well and they were very nice and professional. Met with about 5 people and one on speakerphone. Questions were detailed but easy. They expressed interest right away and sent me for the background check/fingerprinting. Then you wait......and wait.....and wait. It's a big place with lots going on so be patient. HR is very nice when you get them on the phone. Took 3 months to go through the process but eventually did accept their very generous offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work overnight shift?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating......the union is there.