UCLA Health Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated May 7, 2015

2.7

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, interview by panel, personality tests online, plus interview with both HR and Hiring Manager. The Panel can be brutal is you're not prepared. So, be prepared and review as much of your fundamentals and advanced administration tasks as possible.

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions related to Linux Systems administration.   1 Answer
    • Any experiences outside Linux OS administration is helpful.   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very slow interview process. Submitted my application online in October. The telephonic interview took place in January. Thereafter, I was asked to come in for an additional 3 rounds of interviews. After the last interview, it took another 2 months before I heard back from the contact person. The total interview process took over 4 months and by that time, I had accepted an offer from another company.

Job Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

it was pretty easy, just got asked about school, what kind of activities I was involved in in school and what kind of former experience I have had. Pretty standard. The interviewer was really nice and she hired me on the spot. Overall, there was no difficulty at all and I had a good experience with both the interview process and initiation process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation because it was for work study

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

30 minute interview which began with the question "what software tools do you use to keep yourself organized?" and by the end of the interview I knew I didn't want the job. Very heads-down, do the work, don't bother to think too much and that may be UCLA Health in general, I don't know. Other project management I've done has been more strategic and participatory so I may be spoiled.

Senior Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I received an email requesting an interview; they provided one day with three times. Immediately, I responded with my available time. The day before the interview, I received an email stating they needed to reschedule due to an emergency. I came a week later. The interview was very informal. I met with one person in her office for approximately 20 mins; she was very friendly, asked general questions about my background and gave me details about the position. Then I interviewed with someone else. She was also friendly and the questions were basically the same. Overall, the interview went well besides asking me if I had any children. I won't know for another month their decision, but I'm assuming since I answered honestly that I probably won't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with two people separately and both asked me if I had children. I answered honestly, but thought it was completely innappropriate.   Answer Question

Temporary Data Entry Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Hospital Employee Labor Pool, aka H.E.L.P.staffs.com, posted an ad on Craigslist. Recruiter had me take an online data entry test, the results of which I emailed back to her. Two weeks later, an interview date was set for the following day at the offices of UCLA Health System, Faculty Practice Group. My interviewer at UCLA Health System, Faculty Practice Group was wearing jeans.She read from a 3 page script which I could clearly see. She skipped over some questions and scribbled my responses hurriedly and illegibly. My travel time to get to this interview was longer than the actual interview, which was a mere 10 minutes tops. I wasn't asked if I had any questions, nor did she bother bother to remind me to see the receptionist for validation. I don't expect the courtesy of a call one way or another from either the agency or UCLA. While I found the interviewer rude, inconsiderate, and unprofessional, I was glad she didn't prolong the process. It was a waste of gas and a waste of time. I don't know why an interview was set up with someone who clearly didn't want to conduct one.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Panel interview, One on One and more one on one

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially, the prospective department calls you to schedule a group interview. After successful completion, they call once again for a 1:1 in person interview to meet with the principal investigator (PI). If you are selected for the position, the lab manager calls you within the week. The process usually takes around 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Since it's an office job they want to make sure you are smart, flexible and likeable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After going through 2 interview rounds, the lab manager called regarding the job offer.

Principal Trainer EHR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

You will be submitted to a committee via the HR Department. Many recruiting vendors are submitting candidates.

Interview Questions

• Depending on which part of the project you are being hired to work, you must be able to speak accurately to past writings, trainings, and actual processes in the software.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard process - we both had a mutual number and came to terms quickly. I was hired the following day and then the longer process was the background check, health check, and verifying my certifications.

Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Lady was kind and nice but I did not like the process.

Interview Questions

• What leadership role do you find yourself most comfortable in?   Answer Question