UCLA Health

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

RN Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UCLA Health in April 2011.

Phone Interview- think of it as a personality inventory.
1:1 Interview- Occurred in HR dept; had interview with unit manager, asked nursing related questions. Interview was timed to 15 minutes (made it seem very formal, impersonal, several other people were interviewing, reminded me of speed dating =\ )
Overall: Although I felt like I did well on my interview, I was not offered a position. UCLA is an amazing facility, however, the impersonal atmosphere of the interview (it was timed resulting in no time to build rapport with the interviewer, it was located at an offsite building so couldn't see the unit or get a feel for the atmosphere of the work environment, etc) made me feel like I was just a "number". To this day, I am still indifferent about UCLA as a workplace, although they are an AMAZING hospital and offer AMAZING benefits, the impersonal, imposing atmosphere of the interview made me feel as if, even if I was hired I would not be happy working there...

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult patient experience, how did you handle it?   Answer Question