UCLA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

This was for an entry-level position so only job requirements and schedule was discussed. My responsibilities were explained in general terms. I was introduced to everyone in the office and talked a little bit about myself and my background. Because I was referred by a previous employee, the process was very quick and not difficult at all. I was asked to do HR paperwork at the day of the interview.

Researcher Interview

Interview

There was no interview process, just the normal admissions that one would have to complete and be qualified for. For graduate school it is better to know a professor and be able to work in the lab.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UCLA.

Interview

There was a phone call which consisted of me discussing academic background and previous research. We also discussed the current projects ongoing in the UCLA lab and which of these I would be most interested and suited to participating in. We subsequently discussed potential start dates.

Associate Account Interview

Interview

Easy interview, basic questions relating to customer management. Process consisted of a phone interview and multiple in-person interviews where I met with a total of 4 people. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a difficult time dealing with a customer   Answer Question

Medical Records Abstractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UCLA (Woodland, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was good i explained what i did and the interviewer explained what i would be working with a group. She stated that there would be a lot of work abstracting from there computer system to care connect

Interview Questions

The time they wanted me to come was at 6am and I take the bus that runs at 428 am

Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UCLA in April 2015.

Interview

45 minute interview with 2 of the lead project's staff. Interview was straightforward and typical. Interview was the 2nd phase of their hiring process. Did not make it to the next phase, where candidates were emailed a "test". Was notified 2 months later via email that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied online, was called in for interview. Was a very upfront and run of the mill interview. Only had a couple questions that caught me off guard. Only made it to first round of interviews.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

5 tables - each table had two questions about a particular topic (ex. self-awareness table, programming table, policy enforcement were a few). Make sure you know a lot about Core 5 and important standards of residential life.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you made a mistake and what you learned, what is most important in programming (challenges), etc.   Answer Question

Staff Research Associate Interview

Interview

We need to interview before the job posting. The lab member did the interview for me with the supervisor. Everyone is nice and ask questions about my future plan. I would like to open one company about engineering.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

I applied online for the campus position during their recruitment season. They then called me in for one on-site interview where I talked with a supervisor and a student computer support technician lead. I received my offer within a couple days via email.

Interview Questions

• Open up a computer case and explain what each part does.   Answer Question