UCLA

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.7

Development Assistant Interview

Applied online, was called in for interview. Was a very upfront and run of the mill interview. Only had a couple questions that caught me off guard. Only made it to first round of interviews.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UCLA in February 2015.

5 tables - each table had two questions about a particular topic (ex. self-awareness table, programming table, policy enforcement were a few). Make sure you know a lot about Core 5 and important standards of residential life.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time where you made a mistake and what you learned, what is most important in programming (challenges), etc.   Answer Question

Staff Research Associate Interview

We need to interview before the job posting. The lab member did the interview for me with the supervisor. Everyone is nice and ask questions about my future plan. I would like to open one company about engineering.

Computer Support Technician At ResLife Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UCLA.

I applied online for the campus position during their recruitment season. They then called me in for one on-site interview where I talked with a supervisor and a student computer support technician lead. I received my offer within a couple days via email.

Interview Questions
    • Open up a computer case and explain what each part does.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Got a phone call from my current advisor asking about my background. Not too many harsh questions, just about what I have done in my research. And he told me about the fantastic weather in LA and encourage me to go to UCLA.

Interview Questions
    • I do not think there is any difficult questions in the interview. The whole process is very friendly and it is basically just chatting with each other.   Answer Question

Teaching Associate Interview

Questions about previous Teaching experience and previous classes.
    Time and commitment, communication skills
    Ability to lead sections, assist professors
    Give instant responses, Be helpful and show concerns
    Teaching is not easy especially the professors challenge students
    Try to motivate students along the way
    The most important thing is to cooperate with your college TAs who's support you rely on
    Try to be specific about class requirements and give students reminder in time
    Try to add additional office hours when they have midterm to need to review exams.
    Try to go over main points and help them learn more efficiently

Interview Questions
    • Also, I would suggest to communicate very well and show gratitude to your college TAs
      Try to put everything in the same email
      Don't forget to check feedback. Try to talk more with your students during the class if you feel you lost their attention.

Answer Question
    Non profit organization and no negotiation involved

Peer Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCLA.

Very straightforward. First round interview was behavioral (why do you want this job, what's a defining leadership experience, etc.) Second round interview was to work with a team to create a presentation that would be given to a hypothetical group of students. That was a bit tough, because you want to stand out but not be too dominant.

Summer Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

The interview was for a undergraduate research position that opened up for the duration of the summer quarter at UCLA. I found a listing for the position online and emailed my resume and cover letter. I received a request for an interview within the week. The lab where I interviewed was affiliated with the Brain Research institute. The interview was non-formal and was conducted by the lab's PI.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about my experience with fMRI. Since my experience was limited and my exposure to the technique was limited to the classroom setting, I struggled.   Answer Question

Child Development Specialist Interview

1 interview. nice and informal yet still professional. i spoke with the director and we discussed the school, i got a tour of the school, met employees, and teachers and visited classrooms and what not. it was a nice experience and i also got to look at the schol and discusss the curriculum wih the director and things of that nature.

Faculty Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UCLA in September 2014.

I applied online as that's the only way to apply nowadays. If you want to work at UCLA, go to their careers website. I was called 2-3 weeks after I applied and was given no indication that a phone interview was going to take place at the moment. It took 20-30 minutes. I never got a call or email back about the status of my candidacy.