UCLA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.6

Software Development Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UCLA in May 2010.

Got an email from coordinator one week ago. Go the the on campus interview office. Sign in and then two round back to back interview.

Interview Questions
    • Print the result of 2to(i)*5to(j) from the smallest one to the largest one without the upper bound.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UCLA in May 2009.

Interview was ok. Some technical questions, some questions about general work ethics or "are you a fast learner", "good team player", etc.

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UCLA in September 2008.

It was weeks after I applied online before I was contacted about an interview. Then there were more weeks before the second interview, this time with two other people. Then another week passed before I was told about a phone interview with yet another employee, this time for specific details about a particular area of my experience. Finally, nearly three months after I applied, I was offered the position. The hiring manager told me that HR was very slow in getting to the phase where the job could actually be filled.

Interview Questions
    I was told that the high end of the stated salary ranges are not available to new employees, that they're the highest pay that can be offered someone in that position regardless of their length of service. No idea whether that's true, but be prepared. I was caught off guard by that and ended up with a lower salary than I wanted. (But the benefits are great.)

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at UCLA in May 2013.

Phone interview with a woman who had the personality of a wet mop. Lasted about ten minututes with her continuing her coldness and barely talking. I wish interviewers realized how bad this felt. As an interviewee, you are already nervous and on edge and it can be overwhelming at times. Then, people like this have a cavalier, unfriendly attitude that makes everything worse and you feel like you've had the wind knocked out of you by the end of the interview. Phone interviews in general are a joke and should be done away with. This interview was awful. WASTE OF TIME!!

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

Weirdest interview ever. Wore a suit with tie to the interview and was told to never do that again. Was insulted by one of the 4 interviewers - later I was told that she wanted her friend to get the job!

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about being insulted over the phone?   View Answer
    Ask for more than what they offer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at UCLA in May 2013.

The phone came right on the dot and my interviewer, James from UCLA, started off by giving me a brief overview of the position. Questions were simple as he just asked "What do you know about Yelp/the position?" "Why do you want to work here?" His questions were fine, but he was EXTREMELY rude on the phone that took me very much off guard and nervous. Especially in terms of tone and attitude, which was a bit unprofessional, in my opinion. If you interview with him, just beware!

Interview Questions
    • He asked me if I knew who some basketball coach was from UCLA and when I answered no, his tone of voice became even more derogatory.   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UCLA in November 2013.

I was hired by a temp agency for a 2 month assignment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me the website address and to interpret acronyms that I was unaware of during the interview. They also tested me on a type of software they use in the office.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCLA in April 2013.

Interview usually start with introducing the professors, requirements of the class, and the time requirement. Then professor will ask about academic background and motivation for the position. The second part would be previous teaching experiences, such as experiences with grading, leading discussion, holding office hours. The last part to ask questions about particular position.

Interview Questions
    Set salary no negotiation.

Senior Institutional Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA in February 2014.

I heard back from them about a phone interview about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. I had to complete 3 essay questions about problem solving situations before the interview. The position seems to be very IT focused, rather than research oriented.

Interview Questions
    • When you are communicating data to people who are not experts in the field, what is the most important thing?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UCLA in May 2010.

Steps includes emails,phone calls and face to face discussion by different peoples at different levels of positions in the lab. First a general background introduction is needed, then detailed questions based on your CV will be asked and the numbers of questions are depending on their satisfactions to your answers.Following this is specific technical questions concerning research experience, including how you solve problems based on your own capability. Finally is the future plan if you are hired and what requirements you have from the employer.

Interview Questions
    • what types of people you would like to become after a few years' work here?   Answer Question

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!