UCLA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

This was for an entry-level position so only job requirements and schedule was discussed. My responsibilities were explained in general terms. I was introduced to everyone in the office and talked a little bit about myself and my background. Because I was referred by a previous employee, the process was very quick and not difficult at all. I was asked to do HR paperwork at the day of the interview.

Senior Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I dropped off my resume in person to my boss. I believe I was asked if I was available for an interview later that day. My boss and my supervisor were present. They explained the duties of the position. They asked me about my previous work experience. They asked me what my major was. They asked me how many hours a week I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• What skills or work experience did I have that prepared me for this position?   1 Answer

Public Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple having worked in the department for the previous couple of years. I applied but there wasn't an opening for the position until a couple months later when it became available. The application process and start date took a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to think quickly on your feet. What steps did you take to resolve the issue? How did you feel during this situation?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I had an overall bad experience with my interview at a lab at UCLA. The PI didn't show up to interview me but instead put me in the hands of another undergraduate. I thought I answered the questions well, but was confused as to why the PI didn't show up.

Interview Questions

• Asked me general questions about the research and how I would solve certain problems the lab was facing   Answer Question

Work Study Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Submitted a resume, heard back within a weak.Simply went into the office, very informal, was selected for submitting previous work. One interview with a direct supervisor was done. Not much preparation needed. Keep your schedule relatively open for best chance.

Work Study Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I sat with the Associate Director and talked about my past experience, as well as my passion for education. I gave details about past jobs that dealt directly with the research conducted at the office to which I was applying.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to give details on what I learned from each previous position on my resume.   Answer Question

Front Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at UCLA (UCLA, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Brought in to be interviewed by assistant manager and then called back for a second interview with the manager. Easy process, lots of applicants but a lot of openings as well. High turnover because they are largely unaccommodating. Work for sproul or De Neve if you can, they are much more lax. Rieber is the worst, Hedrick the second worst.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Interview

There was no interview process, just the normal admissions that one would have to complete and be qualified for. For graduate school it is better to know a professor and be able to work in the lab.

Research Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UCLA in April 2015.

Interview

45 minute interview with 2 of the lead project's staff. Interview was straightforward and typical. Interview was the 2nd phase of their hiring process. Did not make it to the next phase, where candidates were emailed a "test". Was notified 2 months later via email that the position had been filled.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at UCLA.

Interview

There was a phone call which consisted of me discussing academic background and previous research. We also discussed the current projects ongoing in the UCLA lab and which of these I would be most interested and suited to participating in. We subsequently discussed potential start dates.