UCLA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Got a phone call from my current advisor asking about my background. Not too many harsh questions, just about what I have done in my research. And he told me about the fantastic weather in LA and encourage me to go to UCLA.

Interview Questions

• I do not think there is any difficult questions in the interview. The whole process is very friendly and it is basically just chatting with each other.   Answer Question

Teaching Associate Interview

Interview

Questions about previous Teaching experience and previous classes. Time and commitment, communication skills Ability to lead sections, assist professors Give instant responses, Be helpful and show concerns Teaching is not easy especially the professors challenge students Try to motivate students along the way The most important thing is to cooperate with your college TAs who's support you rely on Try to be specific about class requirements and give students reminder in time Try to add additional office hours when they have midterm to need to review exams. Try to go over main points and help them learn more efficiently

Interview Questions

• Also, I would suggest to communicate very well and show gratitude to your college TAs Try to put everything in the same email Don't forget to check feedback. Try to talk more with your students during the class if you feel you lost their attention.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non profit organization and no negotiation involved

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

no interviews, but many personal statements. You can apply through ucla websites. There are more internships for Daily Bruin other than marketing. There are about 5-6 questions you have to ask for applying. I think it is more important to put your passion rather than experiences because it is college internship. They know it is hard for students having professional experiences in background.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this job? What motivated you to work at marketing field.   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCLA.

Interview

Very straightforward. First round interview was behavioral (why do you want this job, what's a defining leadership experience, etc.) Second round interview was to work with a team to create a presentation that would be given to a hypothetical group of students. That was a bit tough, because you want to stand out but not be too dominant.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was for a undergraduate research position that opened up for the duration of the summer quarter at UCLA. I found a listing for the position online and emailed my resume and cover letter. I received a request for an interview within the week. The lab where I interviewed was affiliated with the Brain Research institute. The interview was non-formal and was conducted by the lab's PI.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about my experience with fMRI. Since my experience was limited and my exposure to the technique was limited to the classroom setting, I struggled.   Answer Question

Child Development Specialist Interview

Interview

1 interview. nice and informal yet still professional. i spoke with the director and we discussed the school, i got a tour of the school, met employees, and teachers and visited classrooms and what not. it was a nice experience and i also got to look at the schol and discusss the curriculum wih the director and things of that nature.

Faculty Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online as that's the only way to apply nowadays. If you want to work at UCLA, go to their careers website. I was called 2-3 weeks after I applied and was given no indication that a phone interview was going to take place at the moment. It took 20-30 minutes. I never got a call or email back about the status of my candidacy.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was originally hired as a research assistant while getting my PhD. I basically got the job after a brief conversation in the hall. I already had a Master's degree. I continued to work at the Center for twelve years, taking on new projects. When I completed my PhD, I was given faculty status.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Salary was set according to a grant.

Lab Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UCLA.

Interview

interview about job, just ask questions on what kinda of person you are, what major you are and ask you about past jobs. They then show you the lab and introduce you to everyone and introduce you to the pi. They tell you there are chances for independent research after a year at the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Faculty Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UCLA (UCLA, CA).

Interview

Worst interview experience. I declined my offer in the end because of how rude the interviewers were to me. I was called a few days after applying to schedule a phone interview, then called the very next day to schedule an in-person interview for 2 days from then. I was NEVER told it was going to be a panel interview, nor told or given an apology for having the in-person interview under such short notice when everyone else was interviewing a week later. When I finally had the interview for this *entry level job*, the interviewers were the most confrontational, unfriendly, and unwelcoming interviewers. I wish I'd have complained to their boss. They would cut me off during my answers. Act dismissive towards any answer I gave, as if I was lying about very detailed facts like my GPA or my alma mater. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what my GPA was and then would challenge me as if they didn't believe me. They would ask "how does this make you feel" questions when referring tough responsibilities.   Answer Question