UCLA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Graduate Student Researcher

Interviewed at UCLA

Interview Details – The process consisted of connecting with the researcher, interviewing, and then being hired.

Interview Question – The length of time for employment.   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant

Interviewed at UCLA

Interview Details – Met with manager and was offered position within a week

Interview Question – tell a time you had to work on something difficult   Answer Question

Senior Institutional Research Analyst Interview

Senior Institutional Research Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA in February 2014.

Interview Details – I heard back from them about a phone interview about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. I had to complete 3 essay questions about problem solving situations before the interview. The position seems to be very IT focused, rather than research oriented.

Interview Question – When you are communicating data to people who are not experts in the field, what is the most important thing?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UCLA in July 2012.

Interview Details – E-mail and Telephonic interview.
Interview was basically directed towards hiring position requirements and my background to solve those needs. Questions were mostly technical and my previous experiences. Apart for that general questions were asked to evaluate my work attitude, leadership and needs. I think I was evaluated if I have enough background experience to work in this position and my ability to satisfy the position needs.

Interview Question – Nothing was very difficult for me.. It was general questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was much to negotiate. Deep background research needed before applying to your recruiter.

______ Assistant II Interview

______ Assistant II
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UCLA in January 2011.

Interview Details – There was only one interview with two supervisors. Questions were pretty ordinary for a clerical job. The hiring process was really quick. Work culture varies in terms of who (personality-wise) and where you get placed to work with.

Interview Question – Explain your strengths and shortcomings, always really awkward to think about.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at UCLA in April 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview Questions

Interview Question – Standard questions. Some departments require a computer test.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UCLA.

Interview Details – Applied on-line in June, and received phone call from HR manager in Sept. Three rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – Most are personality and fit questions.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

Interview Details – I visited UCLA during my PhD and the Prof. that supervised me during this period offered me to join his group after I finished my PhD

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at UCLA in January 2013.

Interview Details – Simply film out an application and they will call you if they would like to hire you. For the interview, they only ask some basic information about yourself. If they call you, it's a high percentage that they would hire you.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCLA in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview usually start with introducing the professors, requirements of the class, and the time requirement. Then professor will ask about academic background and motivation for the position. The second part would be previous teaching experiences, such as experiences with grading, leading discussion, holding office hours. The last part to ask questions about particular position.

Interview Question – How do you think about sustainability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set salary no negotiation.