UCLA Interview Questions

2.6

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

They use an outside company as the first point of contact and will conduct a phone interview initially.

Interview Questions
    • You just need to know your experience well and make it relate to the job you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

The process consisted of connecting with the researcher, interviewing, and then being hired.

Resident Assistant Interview

Met with manager and was offered position within a week

Senior Institutional Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA in February 2014.

I heard back from them about a phone interview about 3 weeks after I submitted my application. I had to complete 3 essay questions about problem solving situations before the interview. The position seems to be very IT focused, rather than research oriented.

Interview Questions
    • When you are communicating data to people who are not experts in the field, what is the most important thing?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UCLA in July 2012.

E-mail and Telephonic interview.
    Interview was basically directed towards hiring position requirements and my background to solve those needs. Questions were mostly technical and my previous experiences. Apart for that general questions were asked to evaluate my work attitude, leadership and needs. I think I was evaluated if I have enough background experience to work in this position and my ability to satisfy the position needs.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult for me.. It was general questions.   Answer Question
    Nothing was much to negotiate. Deep background research needed before applying to your recruiter.

______ Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UCLA in January 2011.

There was only one interview with two supervisors. Questions were pretty ordinary for a clerical job. The hiring process was really quick. Work culture varies in terms of who (personality-wise) and where you get placed to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your strengths and shortcomings, always really awkward to think about.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at UCLA in April 2011.

Behavioral Interview Questions

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Some departments require a computer test.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UCLA.

Applied on-line in June, and received phone call from HR manager in Sept. Three rounds of interviews.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at UCLA in January 2013.

Simply film out an application and they will call you if they would like to hire you. For the interview, they only ask some basic information about yourself. If they call you, it's a high percentage that they would hire you.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

I visited UCLA during my PhD and the Prof. that supervised me during this period offered me to join his group after I finished my PhD