UCLA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.6

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCLA in April 2013.

Interview usually start with introducing the professors, requirements of the class, and the time requirement. Then professor will ask about academic background and motivation for the position. The second part would be previous teaching experiences, such as experiences with grading, leading discussion, holding office hours. The last part to ask questions about particular position.

Interview Questions
    Set salary no negotiation.

Research Associate Interview

I only had a phone interview with my advisor. He asked me about the previous research that I have done.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Found it on the listing. Just behavioral questions and it was actually mostly conversational

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UCLA in November 2013.

I was hired by a temp agency for a 2 month assignment.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me the website address and to interpret acronyms that I was unaware of during the interview. They also tested me on a type of software they use in the office.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

interviewed at UCLA in August 2012.

After a phone interview, I interviewed in person with my direct supervisor and was offered the position about one month later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe many specific examples of problem solving from previous jobs.   View Answer
    Be clear about what your compensation expectation is, they will negotiate with you if you are the right candidate.

Technician Interview

some basic questions about experience with cameras and audio visual equipment and windows and mac

none

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at UCLA in September 2009.

Interviewed with potential PI's throughout department. Each interview went for ~30 minutes and ran through resume - talked about previous research experience and why I was interested in their specific lab.

Also met with all the post-docs and graduate students currently in the lab. Talked with each one individually for ~5-10 minutes and they explained their project at a higher level.

Lab Assistant Interview

Communicated with professor through email after taking class. There was an opening in the lab, so i was offered an interview

UCLA Housing Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UCLA.

Interviewed with a supervisor and follow up interview with the manager who asked exactly the same questions.

Interview Questions
    • They basically ask you: 1. tell me about yourself. 2. something you've accomplished 3. who do you know at the desk?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at UCLA in July 2013.

Phone interview by the IT Manager. Then a face to face interview with the same manager. Very relaxed and general questions

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. He was just trying to understand that i knew the IT schema they used.   Answer Question