I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at UCLA in February 2013.
Interview Details – Give a 45-min presentation with 15min Q&A, nothing unexpected. Paperwork takes a while
Negotiation Details – not too much to negotiate as it's NIH standard
I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UCLA in March 2010.
Interview Details – 1. applied for the job
2. was informed that they are interested in my CV
3. set up a date for interview via skype as I was in India
4. gave presentation on skype for an hour
5. informed me that they will let me know in a months period
6. nearly in a month I was informed that they are ready to hire me.
Interview Question – all questions were related to my field of work Answer Question
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UCLA in July 2010.
Interview Details – I applied for this position via email. The PI called me back, and asked some questions about my experiences. At the end of the call, he asked me want kind of visa I want, and I knew I was in.
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
No thanks –