UCLA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Postdoctoral Scholar

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at UCLA in June 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed via skype as I am from Europe. It was quite straight forward, but I would advise to visit the lab/institution before signing a contract. It is difficult to get a realistic impression before meeting your employer in person.

Interview Question – No real unexpected or difficult questions in regards to the job itself.   View Answer

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Postdoctoral Scholar
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at UCLA in February 2010.

Interview Details – I contacted the professor I wanted to work with by email to ask about available postdoctoral scholar positions. The professor had funding and asked me to have my references letters sent to him. I was then invited out for an interview, I scheduled the interview about 4 weeks after I initially contacted the professor. The interview involved me giving a presentation on my PhD research to the research group, then a 1:1 meeting with the professor. Then I went to lunch with the professor and some group members. Later I talked to some group members about their research. The day was over by the early afternoon. It took a week before the professor contacted me to offer me the job.

Interview Question – Are you used to working under a lot of pressure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't try negotiating the salary.

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!