UCLA Postdoctoral Scholar Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

1.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at UCLA in June 2011.

I interviewed via skype as I am from Europe. It was quite straight forward, but I would advise to visit the lab/institution before signing a contract. It is difficult to get a realistic impression before meeting your employer in person.

Interview Questions
  • No real unexpected or difficult questions in regards to the job itself.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UCLA

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at UCLA in February 2010.

I contacted the professor I wanted to work with by email to ask about available postdoctoral scholar positions. The professor had funding and asked me to have my references letters sent to him. I was then invited out for an interview, I scheduled the interview about 4 weeks after I initially contacted the professor. The interview involved me giving a presentation on my PhD research to the research group, then a 1:1 meeting with the professor. Then I went to lunch with the professor and some group members. Later I talked to some group members about their research. The day was over by the early afternoon. It took a week before the professor contacted me to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you used to working under a lot of pressure?   View Answer
    I didn't try negotiating the salary.

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!