UCLA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Representative II Interview

Program Representative II

Interviewed at UCLA

Interview Details – The time between my application submission and the first call for my initial interview was very quick - roughly 3 days if I remember correctly. Correspondence was pleasant and prompt all around. When I arrived for my interview, I was welcomed by one of the interviewing managers and was seated at a long round table in the conference room. There were a total of three interviewers: 2 Program Managers and the Director of the unit. They began with an overview of the unit's work and asked me questions mainly focused on my skills and my fit within the office - unlike other interviews I had gone on that were strictly behavioral. I couldn't get a good read for the interviewers during the time I was there, but I guess it turned out well because they offered me the job a few days later (foregoing a second interview).

Interview Question – Tell us about a difficult situation that you were asked to resolve.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When negotiating at UCLA, aim high and provide justification for your ask. The university's practice is to bring new employees in as low as possible unless a good justification can be made.

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!