UCLA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Researcher Interview

Assistant Researcher

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UCLA in September 2010.

Interview Details – No in site interview, only checked skills and experience by phone, email and referrals. Checked educational level. Contacted former employers by email and asked for detailed description of skills and experience. Received offer by emailed letter.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UCLA.

Interview Details – Applied on-line in June, and received phone call from HR manager in Sept. Three rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – Most are personality and fit questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a specific PI for a lab assistant/technician position via Skype. I contacted the PI because I was interested in her research and had relevant experience. She asked me about my previous research experience and what projects I thought I might want to work on in her lab.

Interview Question – What things would you need to improve on most if you worked here?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through other source and interviewed at UCLA.

Interview Details – A quick 15 minutes informal interview with an MIT grad student. Basic interview questions like "tell me about yourself" and questions about leadership roles in community, etc. Very smooth. However, working there wasn't the best since its an unpaid position and you feel like a worker of the lowest status. Typical unpaid intern type of position

Interview Question – "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UCLA in June 2011.

Interview Details – Emailing and asking basic questions in terms of chemistry.

Interview Question – When are you available   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate between how many hours I could work and how much I need to get paid to pay for my rent.

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!