UCSD Moores Cancer Center Interview Questions

2.5

Staff Research Associate I Interview

Worked there as an undgrad student, so interview was minimal and looked at grades and classes taken so far.

Assistant Project Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center in January 2011.

1 phone interview and 1 onsite. they just asked me what i have done in the past and generally all kinds of technical questions. like western blotting and cell and mice experiment experience.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center in June 2012.

First, I received an e-mail regarding the lab position. After replying that I was interested, an initial interview was set up through e-mail. This correspondence was between me and the project manager, whom I would end up working with/for. The first interview was about 20 minutes long with general questions pertaining to my resume. For example, he asked me to elaborate on some of my experiences and also asked me questions you would expect, such as "describe to me an experience where you had to take on a leadership role". After the interview was finished, he told me he would contact me in a couple of days. Eventually, I received another e-mail and set up a second appointment. I went thinking that I was going in for a second interview, but had ended up discussing the job functions and focus of research, and ultimately got the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question pertained to the focus of research that I would be working on. The question was to describe what I knew about nanoparticles and drug delivery.   Answer Question
    No, because this was an internship position, I was not in a position to negotiate my pay.

Staff Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center in February 2012.

I came in for a 1.5-hour interview (30 minutes with 3 different people) I met each person individually, in the same conference room. Each person was very friendly and had questions to ask me that were relevant to the job. I was able to answer the questions well, and they were impressed enough with me to call me in for a second interview. The second interview was very much like the first, only I spoke with two of the same people from the first interview instead of all three of the previous interviewers. They were again impressed, and I believe I would have gotten the job offer, however I suspect that one of my references said something negative as they ended up choosing another candidate after speaking with him. I have since removed him from my reference list.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to our team that we are in need of?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center in January 2012.

I got an email from my professor and went to met her for an informal interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for UCSD Moores Cancer Center? Contribute to the Community!