UCSF Medical Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

AA Interview

AA
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UCSF Medical Center in January 2010.

Interview Details – straight forward, welcoming, easy, large corporate procedure. It's your typical hiring and interviewing process, phone screen, in person interview, third round of meeting people, drug test, back ground check, offer, accept or decline.

Interview Question – why are you interested in ucsf   Answer Question

Privacy Analyst IV Interview

Privacy Analyst IV
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UCSF Medical Center in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone shortly after applying online and asked to come in to interview in person. The interview was re-scheduled due to a time conflict with the hiring manager. The interview itself was formulaic and the two hiring managers proceeded to read off a series of 10-15 questions and write down my responses. Overall I felt the interview went really well, however I was told that UCSF's hiring process required them to go through all resumes before I would hear back. I followed-up two weeks later and was told they were still going through resumes. I followed up again an additional two weeks later and never heard a response.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual that you wouldn't typically expect. Questions were rote and included "greatest strengths" and "describe a time when ..."   Answer Question

Administrative Analyst Interview

Administrative Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UCSF Medical Center in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called by a recruiter shortly after I submitted my application. I completed a short phone screening with the recruiter to clarify my background and set up a interview with the hiring manager. I completed an interview with managers I would be working with as well another analyst. Questions asked were the typical behavior questions (ex. How do you determine priorities in scheduling your time? Give examples.) The process was quick, as they were looking to hire immediately. The company is going through lots of restructuring so although the position was stable the work was going to change. The manager was to call to let me know if I needed to come in for second round interviews. The managers did not let me know I was no longer as they said that would. I received a call from HR a week after I should have had the second round interviews to make sure I knew I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Question – Tell me about your weaknesses.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager, Non-Nurse Interview

Manager, Non-Nurse
San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at UCSF Medical Center in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with me first talking over the phone with a partner of theirs. Once approved they then set me up with a panel of 6 interviews, 3 of them couldn't even make it to the building and had to be done via the phone. Once then, they asked me to come back and meet with more people several weeks later. They knew that I had a deadline and provided no feedback or contact even though I tried emailing and calling both HR and the Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – Please describe your management style   Answer Question

Psychologist Interview

Psychologist
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UCSF Medical Center in December 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the head of the psychology department. He asked me basic questions about my careers goals, graduate school training, internship and postdoctoral training. After passing this hurdle I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I met with 4 individuals 1:1; 2 psychologists, a psychiatrist, and the clinic director who was not a clinician. The questions asked were similar to those asked over the phone, and of course they wanted to know why I was interested in the position. All were very friendly except for the clinic director who I felt was trying to give me a hard time, by asking repetitive and irrelevant questions.

Interview Question – How would your best friend describe you in 3 words? how would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at UCSF Medical Center in February 2010.

Interview Details – It was a first round interview

Interview Question – This job is quite different from your previous job. How do you see yourself in it?   Answer Question

Hospital Lab Technician Interview

Hospital Lab Technician
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCSF Medical Center in March 2007.

Interview Details – I applied online. I also sent my resume in to the hiring managers. I received a call from the hiring supervisor; he spoke with me over the phone and asked me to go in for an interview. After he told me about the position and what they're hoping to find, we agreed on terms of employment. I was interbiwed by two other people. The hiring manager and the head of the department. I was employed. They had to do a background check. I came to be trained for two days and thereafter I started my regular employment.

Interview Question – The interview questions were very appropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The letter of acceptance came via email. I had to sign and fax it in. Before accepting, I played hard to get and it paid off by a couple of dollars which was very significant for me at that time.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UCSF Medical Center in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was called for a phone interview and we agreed to speak at 2 p.m. that day. The woman interviewing me said they chose 10 people for a phone interview from 400 applications and would narrow it down to 3 finalists. She asked "What kind of environment do you thrive in?" I said "I thrive everywhere I go" which did not satisfy her. She then asked, "What kind of people do you work well with" and I said that I don't have pre-determined ideas about who I can work with or who I can't...that I take people as they are. She said that she just wants to make sure the person they hire will work well with the various personalities there. So I said that is a hard thing to judge in a phone interview. So she then asked what is my work philosophy. I said I wasn't sure I understood what she meant by that. She repeated the question and so I told her about a poem I read recently about work, about hands, heart and mind all working in unity....and that I put my heart into every job I do. She asked if I had questions and I asked what she was looking for in the phone interview that would lead her to choose the finalists and she said she that just by talking to people, she could get a "feel" for who were the best candidates (totally subjective I thought). So she wrapped things up and I said well am I going to be one of the finalists? She said she didn't know, that she had to talk to the others first and I should wait. I asked her what she thought my chances were and she was noncommittal and offered no reassurance which made it obvious that I would not hear from her again.

Interview Questions

Manager, Non-Nurse Interview

Manager, Non-Nurse
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at UCSF Medical Center in February 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone and e-mail contact.
Interview with Director and 2 other managers separately
Another interview was canceled by the manager.
Background and extensive reference check
Very lengthy process before offer
Slow HR dept.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding personal time I took off between past jobs   View Answer
  • Did I feel capable of handling the position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave my minimum requirement and they offered more. Quick/Easy.

Worked for UCSF Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!